• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Would like some suggestion as to the best clutch for a modest 220rwk r33 gtst. Want a clutch with a positive take up, whatever is in it at the moment has no feel at all. Car is mostly a weekender.

regards

What does positive take up mean?

10 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

What does positive take up mean?

Feel. The effect of clutch lining frictional characteristic, which is totally subjective to every individual. My son says his clutch takes up to quickly, I think its fine. Subjective.

Edited by Rusty Nuts

38 minutes ago, Killer33gtst said:

mantic stage 1 clutches?

check out the facebook reviews, mixed opinions

Edited by Rusty Nuts

At 220kw ish pretty much any lightly upgraded clutch will suit.

If by more positive you mean it bites more suddenly as you let it out, look at the exedy puck style clutches and their billion copies. I much prefer the progressive feel of a full face clutch like that mantic one, particularly if you don't want to be stalling in traffic all day

Full face Extreme is a sensible choice.

Mantic is 50/50 on whether people think they're great or suck balls.

Have used NPC clutches for a while now for street and track cars with around the same power. Good pedal feel and haven't had any problems. A few friends are using mantics from heavy duty up to twin plates in commodores, skylines and wrx's with all saying good things. 

Do Nismo make clutches for the GTST, haven’t heard a bad thing about the clutch they make for GTR, everyone who has one says better then factory feel. 

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Do Nismo make clutches for the GTST, haven’t heard a bad thing about the clutch they make for GTR, everyone who has one says better then factory feel. 

https://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-super-coppermix-twin-plate-competition-model-clutch-kit-r32-r33.html

scroll down. They’re the same part.

Thanks to everyone, appreciate the opinions.

will look into the xtreme range, nismo would be great, but funds don’t quite stretch that far...... again thanks.

yes I do also have one in the "for sale" thread 😁, but the OS Giken and ORC Japanese clutches are amazing, IMO....I'm using my 4th one now, and I wouldn't use anything else. 

ORC single plate will give you great solid feel and is still suitable for traffic and daily driving. 

On 09/02/2020 at 5:01 PM, hardsteppa said:

yes I do also have one in the "for sale" thread 😁, but the OS Giken and ORC Japanese clutches are amazing, IMO....I'm using my 4th one now, and I wouldn't use anything else. 

ORC single plate will give you great solid feel and is still suitable for traffic and daily driving. 

Thanks, will look at those too.