SAU Community

Fu@# I'm the smartest dummy you'll talk to`~~~~

Cheapronnie

19 hours ago, Cheapronnie said:

How come? 

Well firstly its your car so its obviously entirely up to you what you do with it.

However. 

Rose gold or similar is redolent of a car culture that is, pretty much, the antithesis of what a GTR could be said to represent. The GTR was built to compete in touring car racing and Nissan chucked all the engineering they could at it. It wasn’t built to have chrome braid or hectik fitment rims or highly polished air filters or an overstuffed leather interior.

So painting the engine bay (Nissans efforts to that end were pretty shit to be fair) rose gold sort of misses the point. By all means clean it up but your car is a pretty rare colour for a GTR. I’d urge to you respect that and paint it the same as the body.

GTR’s are about engineering and not about bling.  Good on you for going what must have been some pretty hard yards to get it. So enjoy what you have.  Maybe rose gold for the Tarago??? (Not sure what they call them in the US)

Paint in what ever colour you want bro! who cares what people think your the one that forked out the cash to buy the car. these cars were designed to be enjoyed by there owner end of story. If you got 1000kw or gold bay or stock engine who cares, if you can head down the track or road with huge smile on your face the cars doing what its suppost to. I think rose gold would be wild, full send.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 8:00 PM, trel said:

Amen.

agreed. my GTR is as probably as stock as you could find one these days and thats how I like it.  I do encourage doing what you want with your car though. my wife is painting her skyline joker purple in a few months, if she listened to everyones opinion it would be staying white. make your car your own and enjoy brotha.