SAU Community

Organising Inspection for Dealer Car In Japan

Jip

Hi Guys,

Been trying to find some information after finding a car which I like for sale in Japan. I've been in talks with the dealer, who has sent me an inspection report which was really just the auction sheet - not as comprehensive as I'd like.

I want to have this car inspected by a company local to Japan so I can better understand its condition - something similar to an NRMA inspection in Sydney. It will be a private import and I will go through an import broker, however before I sign away circa 1,000AUD I want to make sure the car is the one I want. I have been looking into JEVIC, has anyone else been in a similar situation and can provide me with any insight/experience.

AIM: to have a comprehensive inspection report on mechanical and structural integrity of the vehicle located at a dealer in Japan.

Thanks in advance.

Jip

• 1 month later...

correct, my car came from an import shop call B-pro in Vancouver.  The selller sources out the car and its history with an inspection report, and importing fees included in price. stay away from sketchy importing, if you don't know much about the car and a proper inspection report is not provided id think twice... unless your ok with gambling on roughly 30-40k! I wanted a compression test done on my car as well. once that was provided I send the money. car still had a pile of issues lol....however rust free, healthy drive train like I asked. 4wd/abs bulb were burnt out car was in 2wd when it arrived(needed g sensor and attessa control unit) and needed coolant system completely redone. I think its safe to say all these cars come over from japan needing some work.

Edited by MoMnDadGTR
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I have ended up deciding to sticking to whats already on our shores - looked at one or two already which popped up to my criteria.

@MoMnDadGTR Thanks for the insights, I should budget that stuff in.

good call m8 way easier buying a car you can see, feel, hear, and really become one with her if its the car for you mate! hope it works out for you post it up if you end up buying one, cheers.