• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Hey, as usual, I’ve tried looking for answers on my specific problem, but haven’t found one, yet. 

I’ve had my R32 for just over 7 months and it has terrible fuel economy. My tank is nearly empty after only about 170km. When I first got the car, it had misfires; and I did everything I could to fix any issue that would have affected my fuel economy, except for buying new fuel injectors.

My car runs rich. I suspected a fuel leak or an exhaust leak somewhere, but my mechanic assured me my car was fine. I even got a new tune for better fuel-to-air ratio and I am still having to fill up everyone 150-175km. Also, my fuel gauge fluctuates. 

I’m stumped. 

47CDD755-8014-4095-B9AC-91BAAE461DD9.jpeg

A few things, it's really hard to use KM per 'tank' as a measure of economy. No one runs the tank to completely empty then fills up again so the number is subjective. Please give us the L per 100 KM figure. 

You mention you got your car tuned for a better AFR, what ECU and mods do you have? 

Have you fixed the misfire? 

What do you mean your fuel gauge fluctuates?

As above you need to be a bit more scientific. Clearly you can't rely on your fuel gauge so you need to fill your tank to the top, record the km and then next time you fill it calculate the litres per 100km. What are all the things you did to improve economy? New spark plugs and coils? Check brakes for binding? Check timing?  Did the mechanic put an AFR meter on and if so what were the numbers (or do you have a wide band installed)?

No mention of checking the ECU's water temperature sender.

No mention of replacing the oxy sensor.

No mention of checking for a severe blockage at the cat.

No mention of looking for boost leaks.

14L/100km is the norm, on a good day. If you already had a tune, your tuner should be able to diagnose the poor fuel economy.

Worst thing for fuel economy in a GT-R is the enormous lump of lead at the end of your right leg. Lighten it off a bit. No need to be red-lining from every set of traffic lights.