SAU Community

How difficult is 1000hp with stock appearence RB26

GTRAAH

28 minutes ago, PLYNX said:

Been there, done that !

A bit of tetra ethyl lead, av gas with a flick of nitro methane swizzled around with a drop of pure methanol with put hairs on your chest.

And what did you put in your car?

• Like 1

Lol.

Guys, 1000hp engines may last a season on track. 50 laps is 150km. A year of track days at once a month (more than most) is 1800km.

Sorry but if your 1000hp engine lasts 1800 hard km.. it's still an unreliable piece of crap. And I think someone getting 12 full track days out of a 1000 hp setup, with 50 hot laps per session is beyond what it would reasonably last.

If you're measuring your engine life in hours, then.. yeah.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2020 at 6:11 AM, GTRAAH said:

WIth the GEN 2 GTX2867R  Twin setup (below link) rated at 1000hp Is it difficult to get this kind of HP?  And around 550KW - 600KW+

Far as turbos go, with a .64 rear and .60 front that is very possible, you can even up size them to GTX3071R. I found factory exhaust setup is very restrictive, so if you can run two short 3 inches pipes hanging out side of the car along with all other supporting mods you should be able to get there.  

13 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Lol.

Guys, 1000hp engines may last a season on track. 50 laps is 150km. A year of track days at once a month (more than most) is 1800km.

Sorry but if your 1000hp engine lasts 1800 hard km.. it's still an unreliable piece of crap. And I think someone getting 12 full track days out of a 1000 hp setup, with 50 hot laps per session is beyond what it would reasonably last.

If you're measuring your engine life in hours, then.. yeah.

There are a lot of things I could say to this glorious demo of building a strawman argument, but the most obvious would be - what exactly are you doing in this thread if the sheer mention of 1000hp clearly triggers your fear response?

I don't think it's a straw man argument at all..

The OP clearly posted it with a view to keep it stock looking as they intend to use it as a road car, so "Stock looking" is "Stock looking, Mr Policeman observing my road car"

As many have said, there are 0 instances of this actually being done.
As many have also said, 1000hp RB26's at all, have a limited lifespan on a racetrack, measured in hours in terms of reliability, and they don't look stock.

So to answer the original question, how difficult is it to have a 1000hp, reliable, stock looking setup on the street? I'd say extremely.

You and I both know that a 1000hp setup, cruising around town is only using 50kw or something like that at 100km, cruising around. So it could last 400,000km in such a scenario.

But that isn't what people really care about when they talk about reliability. They care about how many seconds or hours of full throttle time. While 1000hp in 2020 is different to 1000hp in 1995, I still would say it's limited to drags or highway pulls and even then have limited reliability.

WTAC GTR's don't have 1000hp. They certainly don't have 1000hp, and 300,000km of daily driving, and do a track day once a month for multiple years. If you asked the owners to do that, they would definitely insinuate that something would break before then.

Motive DVD ran there stock RB 26 to what 800hp for years of thrashing.  I know not full race pace everyday.

Now will find out how there new engine lasts at 1000hp with all the fruit (still stock crank tho).

Obviously not "stock" looking.

I got told when my engine was built that 10 years (100,000km) has been seen on these engines with normal/drag and some circuit mixed in.  Seems reasonable for 600+hp.

Edited by Stixbnr32