SAU Community

Whats that beeping noise?

I know you may be thinking WTF? But today was the first opportunity I got to push the R32 a bit hard and the RB20 quite comfortably exceeded the speed limit. What I noticed was not that it had so much more to give but the car made a beeping or chiming sound - What is this noise? Was it a warning,  a speed limiter and if so how can you adjust it or turn it on/off.  It only made the chiming at the top end and then it would disappear on normal driving.. Any ideas?

38 minutes ago, Strexx said:

It only made the chiming at the top end

top end of what? at high revs? at 180kph? being more specific about when it occurred might help...

It's most likely the factory installed speeding alarm, i had one on my 80's Toyota Starlet, and have read all JDM cars since the 80's would have originally come with one, from memory it would chime over 105kph... would you believe some people purposefully reinstall them because of Initial D? ??

In my starlet, it's a little box with 2 wires attached to the back of the speedo, can't say the same for the R32, but super easy to remove once you find it.