SAU Community

Stereo died, how much and where to replace? V35, 350GT

DL123

Hi,

I'm not very knowledgeable with cars, so I thought I'd ask on her for some direction.

I have a V35, 350GT 2004 I have owned since 2010 and it has been great, no real issues whatsoever. However, a few years back the stereo/head unit died (works, but there's no screen) and I was hoping to replace it with an aftermarket system to connect to the bose speakers and perhaps Bluetooth to my phone.

Is this something a normal auto electrician or JB Hi Fi can do? And how much am I looking at here? I've tr

Thanks heaps.

First of all you need to buy a dual din kit to replace the hole that the oem stereo leaves, and in which to bolt a single/dual din replacement stereo.

Check this thread (and search the forums for all your V35 info)

and this thread is very useful too

The kit you want looks like this (but source an OEM unit - avoid Metra/Aerpro kits - they have cheap rubbery buttons and are nasty quality-wise):

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AERPRO-FP997604-SINGLE-DOUBLE-DIN-FACIA-KIT-FOR-NISSAN-SKYLINE-V35-350GT/172284374456

Join the Aus V35 Facebook groups is your best bet - they occasionally pop up for sale in there.