SAU Community

I may be new but my questions wont be

kowalatea

Hello and thank you. As the title states I may be new but my questions wont be. So for the next good chunk expect me in the shadows lurking trying to obtain as much knowledge as possible before i open my stupid mouth.

What bring me here is the desire for knowledge I'm in the process of building a s13 coupe from the ground up and I've veered into the desire of putting an RB in as my power source. 

The build is not for big power but massive fun. Not for sliding or smoking tire but for breaking necks and hugging corners( I know I know an sr would be better weight distribution for handling) but coming from being raised with and loving the s30 chasis I figured I might as well build a modern twist with my personal touch .

I've been raised with a solid motto of" if it gets touched it gets refurbished or replaced " and "every build should follow the progression of suspension, safety, plumbing, engine, drivetrain, interior, exterior" and that's how I've attacked every build I've embarked upon. 

• Like 1

Sounds promising. Got pics of the coupe?

For the questions that you know have been asked many times your best bet is to Google them first and you will get many answers. When you get stuck post here...

11 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

For the questions that you know have been asked many times your best bet is to Google them first and you will get many answers. When you get stuck post here...

I've been tearing through google for the last few years and most all of my searches have brought me here which Is why I decided to become a member. So for now your all safe-ish from redundant questions.  Lol 

4 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:
4 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Yep. Wheels look ok!

Those wheels are gone, they were four lug, so when I switched to 5 lug I traded my old audi wheels to a kid for his stock 350z wheels and picked up some free tires from the local tire shop just so I could set her back on the ground and let all the new suspension components settle 

20191219_141245.jpg

3 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

RB's have been done already.

Have you considered a Hartley V12 (based on the Toyota Century V12)
Nissan-Silvia-Hartley-V12-Olivecrona-Spe

I have not ...........well not yet.... I have now and I will continue to 

9 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Can confirm, sounds amazing in real life

I've been listening to sound clips on youtube and showing it off to everyone ... I can get the century v12 here in the states for just shy of 3 grand, a build will eventually be produced with one, not this one but one will 

definitely gunna follow this thread that v12 swap would be great and unique! I don't wanna be the guy to say throw a 2j in there although I love those motors. nice to see these cars saved by people who understand and take the time to bring them back. good luck with build mate.