SAU Community

Buy my 2005 Renault Megane Sport Cup - $7500

Is your Skyline off the road?
Do you want something to drive around and not hate life?
Do you want to view your own car suspiciously and question why you even own it when your silly French car pretty much equals it for 99.95% of the things you do?

If so, this is the car for you.

I bought this Megane ~20,000kms ago after renting a few from Hertz and fell in love with them much to the annoyance of anyone near me with ears. I purchsed this one as a car to get around town with while other car projects were off the road and I will surely regret not having it in the future.

Help me make a mistake by selling it.

This IS a 225 Sport Cup, not a 225 Sport. The cup has different suspension and different steering and a host of other different things, more relaxed stability control etc, which were all introduced as fixes to the 225 Sport when it was originally released.

The car is pretty much standard other than:

RSTuner STG 1 tune (included tuner/ODB2 reader with car), so you'll need to run it on 98.
A pretty okay looking wrap to cover Renault's amazing water based clear coat
Mid Muffler Delete, which makes nearly no actual difference to sound.
Ford Focus XR5 rims, which sit out a little more than the original Cup rims which were cracked when I got them.
Hankook RS4 Tyres (235/40/18)
KAM Fire extinguisher bracket.

You'll also get 2 extra sets of brake pads, one OEM, and one DBA XP which I got for free from BrakesDirect. The car currently has Forza FP3 brake pads up the front, which are track suitable but entirely okay to drive around with on the road.

The car does have some interior creaks which I believe ALL of them do after testing when looking to buy this one. I assure you if you are the kind of driver that is interested in a car like this, it won't bother you after taking one corner in a twisty road like this. If you want a comparison, all up they're about as bad as a coke can sitting in a drink holder.

I bought this thinking it would be an excuse to bust out the tools and keep busy while a V8 conversion was going on.
My tools gathered dust.

P1380332.JPG

P1380333.JPG

P1380335.JPG

P1380336.JPG

P1380337.JPG

P1380342.JPG

P1380343.JPG

P1380348.JPG

P1380349.JPG

P1380355.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Finding rims is actually pretty hard for these things as they have stupid offset (stock 18x8 is like +66!). The XR5 rims are the same size but their offset is.. +52? Something like that.

XR5s also came in a very similar colour. It is a bit funny when I drive past one of them in this car, though the Renault is a much better car. At least to drive..

It has 203,000km and rising, as I'm driving it around as my daily right now with no immediate issues.

I am open to reasonable negotiations re: price, welcome to go and give it an actual test drive through a mountain road if someone here is  local and actually curious.