SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Kinkstaah

Mistakes were made, my R34 Story

A mix of two different oils, 10-50 (Penrite racing) because I aim to give it a belting at the track and wasn't sure how hot it'd get with an oil cooler (just over 100C is the answer!).

I put 10-40 racing from penrite in the accusump/topup area because LS and 'its probably fine'. The manual calls for 0-30 but I still get shaky actually putting that in. Blame the RB in me who likes 10-60 when things get hot!

19 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

A mix of two different oils, 10-50 (Penrite racing) because I aim to give it a belting at the track and wasn't sure how hot it'd get with an oil cooler (just over 100C is the answer!).

I put 10-40 racing from penrite in the accusump/topup area because LS and 'its probably fine'. The manual calls for 0-30 but I still get shaky actually putting that in. Blame the RB in me who likes 10-60 when things get hot!

Cheers mate, I'm currently using Penrite 10w40 but am going to try Castrol edge 10w60 

Oils for the LS, chop and change I've found, OEM are 0w30 to 10w40, dependant on country of release and what variants they were used in

I was talking to a fellow bogan at work who has a few cars with LS1's in them, he runs and recommends 10w60 in all of them

Further googling for the LS has seen 10w60 Maineline or Castrol edge recommended, alot

Anyways, Supercheap has 5ltrs of Edge 10w60 for $60 so I grabbed 2 bottles and a filter to see how she runs with it over summer 

Cheers