SAU Community

Bulbs

MasterMiller

Hi guys

First post and It’s a simple one, have just bought an m35 Stagea, 2004 2.5T

It’s fitted with HIDs and I’ve never been a fan of these so plan to remove them

What are the type/ ratings of the standard bulbs that would have came from factory (headlights/sides/fogs)

Thought I’d ask on here first before I start messing around and smashing bulbs as I’m using the car as a daily at the moment 

Thanks in advance 

I just prefer the look of halogens. But if The HIDs have been wired in cowboy style and it’s going to be a nightmare I’d just live with that. It’s more the side lights that are bothering me. They have these disco bulbs (only way I can describe them) that you can change the colour on them with a remote and I’m not into that, just want normal bulbs so if anyone knows the type and wattage that would be good 

Usually printed on the top of your headlights on the black plastic part.

If it's a shitty Plug n Play kit, should be easy to go back to original halogen. (I don't know but I suspect H4).

If it's D2R, check which bulb is in there. If it's some shit aftermarket one, throw in standard D2R Philips/Osram from powerbulbs

For Australian compliance, they normally remove the HID bits and wire up a H1 and adaptor plate (or shove whatever halogen they can if they're dodgy), so if you have the OE HID stuff in there, I'd endeavour to keep them.

If it's H-something HID kit from ebay, bin it.

Do you have the owner's manual? It should have all the bulbs listed in it.

*edit*

Lots of info here: http://yariksteel.ru/manual/stagea/nm35/manual_pdf/

Get the 'LT.pdf' file and Google Translate