SAU Community

Problem with insurance

silviaz

So I been shopping around for insurance and the agreed market value is complete bullshit. On average a 3.5k valuation for a Nissan Silvia that sells for at LEAST 8k on auction regardless of the condition. Just looking to get opinions if anyone here thinks 3rd party is worth it, cause comprehensive doesn't seem to be. i tried also Shannon's but because under 26, premium was off the charts, worse than any other insurer.

Yeah, seems not much has changed since I was under 26.

Basically, you want the other car covered as it could be a Pagani and you want as much back after that as possible. Usually, the second part left you with only half the funds needed.

Not sure if they are still around, but SAU members used to get a good deal with Famous Insurance. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I been shopping around for insurance and therefore the agreed market price is complete bullshit. on the average a 3.5k valuation for a Nissan Silvia that sells for a minimum of 8k on auction no matter the condition. Just looking to urge opinions if anyone here thinks 3rd party is worthwhile , cause comprehensive doesn't seem to be. i attempted also Shannon's but because under 26, premium was off the charts, worse than the other insurer.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ditched Famous for my MspecNur after they jacked my premium up 53%! Peter said their underwriter blindsided them end of Feb. I told him price hikes like that would put them out of business. Got a good deal from Shannons in the end.