SAU Community

R34 GTT Nismo 2 way diff (whole diff)

Hi Folks

You may be able to search for my rumblings and complaints over the years how my 1.5 way was a bit clunkier around town than your regular 1.5 way and how I wanted to fix that to no avail.

Upon finding a unicorn R34 Helical, this diff is now for sale. As I know people would want to see the center before buying a rando diff, I took the cover off and found that it was actually a fkin 2 way diff the entire time.

It was recently rebuilt from scratch to try and find "the problem" and of course there was none, which was... quite a lot of money not so well spent on my behalf, but hey this diff has been entirely rebuilt for your pleasure.

Will bolt and plug in directly to your R34. I can confirm this thing locks up HARD in both Accel and Decel scenarios.

You could use it on the street, I did for quite a long time it turns out and I did not die. However, I wouldn't recommend it for a daily.

$1200 obo.

Pickup strongly preferred!

1671376697_NismoCenter.thumb.jpg.6da24a101ed2f40495eb2d80b1fca49f.jpg

IMG_20200228_183625.jpg

IMG_20200228_183633.jpg

IMG_20200228_183643.jpg

IMG_20200228_183707.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Fit, physically? Yes

ABS though? Your guess is as good as mine. The R34 has 2 ABS sensors one on each stub axle, the R33 has one (or none). Can you just... put the sensor into one of the ports on the stub axles?

Maybe? Yes? No? Maybe the cable won't reach/needs to be extended?

You'd be a guinea pig in that aspect.

Could you pull the center and driveshafts out of my diff, put them into a R33 ABS R200 housing? Uh, maybe? Again not sure. Depends on your confidence and how much you care about ABS as far as I know...

20 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Can you just... put the sensor into one of the ports on the stub axles?

No. Different pulse rates vs speed.

21 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Could you pull the center and driveshafts out of my diff, put them into a R33 ABS R200 housing? Uh, maybe? Again not sure.

Yes, of course. Although you will almost certainly end up paying for diff setup here, as the pinion from Greg's diff will have to be put onto the R33 diff's input /pinion shaft, because I think that the diffs with front ABS have a longer housing*.

(I might be wrong, but it looks like it in various piccies I've seen.)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It would appear noone wants to do a skid. This is now a 1.5 way. It's always been a 1.5 way, because anything between a full 45 degree 2 way, and a 90 degree 1 way, is a "1.5" way though it could easily be referred to as a 1.2 way or 1.75way or 1.9way.

If you have a 34 get a diff. Specifically this one.

• 6 months later...