SAU Community

R33 brake caliper diagram

I'm pretty sure that there won't be a part number for that bolt.

The caliper was supplied to Nissan as a unit. 1 part number. The bolt will have a part number in Sumitomo's system, not Nissan's.

it is just a bolt of suitable dimensions and tensile strength for the application. You have one in hand, so you know the exact dimensions that you need. All you need to know is what rating is good for calipers.

I haven't ever considered splitting a caliper before - it not being very advisable and seldom necessary, so I've never been in a position to lose on and then have to wonder what grade the bolts are. But if I had to guess I'd suggest they'd be at least 10.9. Probably wise to ask a brake shop for guidance on that.

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

As above, and just to add bolts will have the tensile rating stamped on them in the head, so no mysteries. Go to bolt shop with bolt.

The only problem is that the Sumitomo caliper bolts don't have any such markings. But they will be a high tensile grade. They have to clamp pretty hard.

6 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The only problem is that the Sumitomo caliper bolts don't have any such markings. But they will be a high tensile grade. They have to clamp pretty hard.

Bingo not identifying mark at all...