SAU Community

RB25DETT r34 gTT auto cruising along at 100km/h

take foot of accelerator and engine revs down to idle 800-1100r/min

apply the accelerator and car revs upto 3k before any power is produced 

this happens for about 5min a day interminable but most days 

I have pulled over turned the engine off and on then it’s fine 

Anyone  experience this before? 
what was the problem? 

Torque convertor is not locking up. Check your ATF level and condition. If level and condition good, Torque convertor probably cactus. If ATF is low or dark and dirty, get it serviced, punch self in face.

Edited by Rusty Nuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gunna said:

I asked them to check that

"them" might be wrong, check it again at a real auto transmission workshop. Or carry on procrastinating ,pretend everything is ok and get a bigger bill later.

8 hours ago, Gunna said:

Two months ago I asked them to check that said it’s fine when I got a new timing belt and water pump 

You don't need a mechanic to check the colour/quality of the ATF or to check the level. Do those things first.

12 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Check your ATF level and condition. If level and condition good, Torque convertor probably cactus.

As previously suggested.Last chance check lock up solenoid is working. Have codes read,the TCU will store a lock up solenoid fault code.

Edited by Rusty Nuts

Wow look at these bitches if I wanted to see mean girls I would put on Netflix 

after reading everyone’s response it saddens me  that this community isn’t for me 

I was looking for enthusiastic group that is looking out for members, being said there aren’t too many Trusting mechanics That are worthy of touching a skyline 

being ripped off or troubleshooting in the wrong direction wastes time and money, that in my experience most mechanics thrive on especially in this economic situation, the only reassurance that one may get is maybe a forum of likeminded people do steer you in the right direction, how wrong I was 

1 hour ago, Gunna said:

Wow look at these bitches if I wanted to see mean girls I would put on Netflix 

after reading everyone’s response it saddens me  that this community isn’t for me 

I was looking for enthusiastic group that is looking out for members, being said there aren’t too many Trusting mechanics That are worthy of touching a skyline 

being ripped off or troubleshooting in the wrong direction wastes time and money, that in my experience most mechanics thrive on especially in this economic situation, the only reassurance that one may get is maybe a forum of likeminded people do steer you in the right direction, how wrong I was 

And by the way bro, all of the responses have actually been helpful , you pretty much ignored them just chasing the answer you are after, which I assume is that it is an easy fix that you can do. You can't fix it.

2 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Heu man have you true turning it off and on?

Yes?

that fixed it?

well keep doing that. Problem solved.

Literally what I did with my R31 when it was auto.

The fluid was old, would lock into 2nd (limp home mode).

Was scared it was solenoids, but luckily fluid change fixed it.

Permanent fix: manual conversion.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, Gunna said:

Told you what to check, then you chuck a hissy fit. WTF.