SAU Community

R33 GTR Spark Plug

Salim

Hi Guys. I've searched the forum and can't seem to find a tutorial on changing spark plugs on an RB26.

If someone could point me in the right direction that will be great.

13 minutes ago, Salim said:

Hi Guys. I've searched the forum and can't seem to find a tutorial on changing spark plugs on an RB26.

If someone could point me in the right direction that will be great.

Here's a tip - ask your question on Google first - it will most often refer you to SAU (but not always e.g. below):

http://www.23gt.net/2015/10/diy-atntfiu-changing-spark-plugs-on-r32.html

Who removes individual coilpacks and bolts when doing plugs ? After you pull the coil connectors all off, remove the two brackets that the coilpacks mount to, and pull the coils out mounted to the brackets in groups of 3. Way quicker removing 7 x M10 bolts vs 24 x M6 bolts, brackets are not in the way and won't have to worry about dropping bolts down hole.

• Like 1

Well I was being a dumb arse and left the bolts in the coil pack mount holes. The coilpack moved and a bolt 'slipped' straight down the spark plug hole.

RB20 simply chewed it and spat it out, destroying the ceramic turbine wheel.

Apparently engine still going in a HR31.

I slapped an R34 turbo on it and drove for few months before my dad spun and wrote the car off.

Car ran even better with the NEO6 turbo and got 9L/100km in traffic haha. Damn I miss that car.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still learning lots although I finally feel I have my gtr figured out. best advice download the r33 manual study it, follow it, get in touch with your car or sell it someone that will.  also be careful not to strip the spark plugs they don't need to betighter than nuns vageeen. work slow work smart. cheers

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

ya its not to bad, for what it was worth I replaced my coilpack loom harness as it was all dry and cracky. oem or wiring specialty both offer nice options, I know you can time your CAS with a little loop in the back of the wiring specialty harness some people don't like this option tho and still time with 1 cylinder... glad it went well tho happy boostin brotha.