SAU Community

R200 30 spline stub axles, which model?

Have 30 spline stub axles with 6 large bolt holes to be matched to a OS Giken LSD. To order the LSD I need to know which model uses my stubs. Thought it might be the R-33 but according to a post here they use 31 spline stubs. Any clues? Better still, any 100% right advice?

I'm sure I've mentioned all this before on here. The 93-94 R32 GTR rears are actually 31 spline when they changed 32s to pull clutch, but 30 tooth is the early ones when they were push.

All OS giken LSDs for GTR as far as I'm aware were only designed for the 31 spline like Quaife diffs.

31 tooth R33 or R32 splines have both been discontinued as of last year, so you're up shit creek if you need them, unless you find somewhere with old stock like I did last year in Japan and bought four sets.

R32 GTR 31 spline shaft part numbers are:

Right side 38220-12U00 (still available)

Left side 38220-12U01 (discontinued)

R32 GTR 30 spline shaft part numbers 38220-05U10 and 38220-05U11 and are still available, which is what I guess you already have.

Nismo do LSD centre to suit your 30 spline though.

Thanks blokes, other research so far shows that the R34 GTR uses 30 spline stubs, not sure about the 6 bolt holes though.

Edited by 260DET

You need late R32 or R33 GTR, 31 spline 1 X 6 half shafts, both of which are discontinued to use an OS giken diff. They do not make a GTR one for 30 spline, that's what I'm sayin. Not sure about 34 being 30 tooth as OS do not say the half shafts need changing, unlike a 89 - 92 BNR32.

31 spline shafts new took 6 months last time to find, and they are at least $900 a pair. Sold my last set to JMS in Adelaide.

Brad at JDM garage has a complete R32, 31 spline diff and shafts for $1300 if that's any help. I know couple of people on SAU have bought a diff purely to get the shafts.

• Like 1

Bad news takes a while to absorb but if OSG don't have a 30 spline LSD then that's it I suppose. Damn, I've always wanted an OSG LSD.

I do have a OE Nissan LSD that takes the 30 spline stubs, condition unknown. Is their any upgrade that can be done to it? Car is for mild track use only but I hate chattering drive trains when driving around the pits etc.

As above and mentioned earlier there are other options. Nismo, Kaaz and Cusco all have 30 spline versions.

It's funny actually because the current Nismo 1.5 or 2 way GT LSD makes you change R33 and R34 from 31 back to 30 spline. Go figure.

The Nismo GT PRO actually comes with half shafts for the centre.

• Like 1

Problem is I have a new 29 spline OSG LSD that now can't be used, bloody crap OSG cattledog.

Anyone recommend what new parts should be put in my GT-R LSD, other than the usual new plates? Can it be made as good as the alternative LSD's? Seems like the more plates the better but there is no-one in Warwick who knows this Jap stuff.

Hang on, you already have purchased a OS giken diff centre ? Obviously not a GTR one if it's a 29 spline, as 33 gtst is 29.

I would recommend selling it. If you have a GTR diff housing and the 30 spline 6 X 1 half shafts already a Nismo 1.5 or 2 way is your best bet.

From RHD or Nengun a Nismo GT 30 spline centre is only $1200AUD or GT PRO about $1500AUD, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the OS giken super locks at over $2000.

Just an update on the 31 tooth spline. Have found old stock to make a pair while available from Japan. Can definitely source R32 right half shaft and R33 left half shaft to make it work.

1 hour ago, BK said:

Just an update on the 31 tooth spline. Have found old stock to make a pair while available from Japan. Can definitely source R32 right half shaft and R33 left half shaft to make it work.

Thanks for checking that out, the thing is that everything I have now matches up including track width which is why I want to use the 30 spline stubs. What are the NISMO LSD's like, how is the GT PRO better?

31 spline does not change anything dimension wise compared to the 30 spline, only the shaft is about 1.5mm thicker in diameter.

The Nismo GT pro has 3 stage adjustable preload without removing the diff when you pop a half shaft out. Nismo GT is preset.

Check the forum, everyone seems well impressed by them. I haven't run the 2 way, but from all accounts there very aggressive, with the 1.5way being a more popular choice.

Your easiest, cheapest option for a good result with your existing 30 spline stuff is the Nismo GT, but the PRO isn't that much more expensive as mentioned either. The GT carbon PRO is about $2500 if you feel adventurous.

• Like 1

My diff is supposed to be out of a S14, OSG list their replacement for various S14/15 helicals, no stub axle change required. Normally I would assume that my helical stubs would suit. Incidentially my helical stubs fit a unknown model GT-R LSD I have so it could be assumed that that LSD if from a early R32.

But every time I assume something it turns out wrong so ................