SAU Community

R34 shut off while driving, cranks but won't start

Jakevus

Hey guys, firstly sorry if something like this has been posted before.

I just took my R34 GTT out today and it started and drove fine for the first few minutes, nothing out of the ordinary just like any other day. I was going around a corner in second gear low revs and the engine completely shut off. I parked the car on the side of the road and tried starting the car again, it cranks but won't start and after about 5 seconds it cuts out the cranks as well. I read on another forum it could be related to oil pressure, but it wasn't specific to R34s.

Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe the car got corona virus and bit the dust. just kidding maybe a bad joke at this time ha. the search continues see if you got spark, see if you got fuel. if you do check cas, afm, I don't think 02 sensors matter for start up.  maybe clogged fuel filter? weak battery connections?

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone’s diagnosis to every problem is always ‘unplug your afm’

If your skyline won’t rev past 2500-3500 then that’s the problem with the afm. It’s either dead or dirty af inside.

I have a GTT as well but never had your problem with mine, but my dads FG xr6 problem had the same problem. Would randomly cut out, especially if you revved it harder than usual. Turns out it was the fuel filter. He hadn’t changed it in over a decade.

• 2 weeks later...