SAU Community

GTR R32 Build

That looks exactly like mine did and I had extended collar from factory. My car is later 93 like stated before. Your factory collar is an extended one from what I can tell.

Hi mate, just reading through your build, just to answer/give my input on a couple of things you asked. 
exhaust manifold: id go the 6 boost, I have read on some GTR pages/forums that there have been fitment issues with CRG, maybe that’s sorted now, I’m not sure, but most big hp GTR’s are using 6 boost. 
Intercooler: the general consensus is the factory intercooler starts to loose efficiency around the 300kw mark, that’s at the wheels. 
Gearbox? There’s not much you can do without spending a decent amount of $$. Just use your box and start saving for an upgrade. The OS gearset is probably the cheapest solution. I ran 500kw through my stock box for a year, it didn’t break but it did get very noisy. I did roll racing and drag racing with it. If you can show it just a little bit of mechanical sympathy, it should hold together. 
cooling/radiator: koyorad, PWR are probably the better ones, I’ve got a cooling pro from Just Jap, cost $240 and works really well. I had a bad experience with Mishimoto so personally I wouldn’t recommend it. 
If you can stretch the budget, do the extended sump while the motor is out. For peace of mind, or later you’ll be kicking yourself that you didn’t do it, even if it means waiting a little longer. 
you know what they say, poor man pays twice. Well the GTR will make you pay 3 times! Lol 

anyway, sounds like it’s coming along nicely, you’ll be guaranteed happy when it’s done, these things are amazing drivers cars. 
cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Hi mate, just reading through your build, just to answer/give my input on a couple of things you asked. 
exhaust manifold: id go the 6 boost, I have read on some GTR pages/forums that there have been fitment issues with CRG, maybe that’s sorted now, I’m not sure, but most big hp GTR’s are using 6 boost. 
Intercooler: the general consensus is the factory intercooler starts to loose efficiency around the 300kw mark, that’s at the wheels. 
Gearbox? There’s not much you can do without spending a decent amount of $$. Just use your box and start saving for an upgrade. The OS gearset is probably the cheapest solution. I ran 500kw through my stock box for a year, it didn’t break but it did get very noisy. I did roll racing and drag racing with it. If you can show it just a little bit of mechanical sympathy, it should hold together. 
cooling/radiator: koyorad, PWR are probably the better ones, I’ve got a cooling pro from Just Jap, cost $240 and works really well. I had a bad experience with Mishimoto so personally I wouldn’t recommend it. 
If you can stretch the budget, do the extended sump while the motor is out. For peace of mind, or later you’ll be kicking yourself that you didn’t do it, even if it means waiting a little longer. 
you know what they say, poor man pays twice. Well the GTR will make you pay 3 times! Lol 

anyway, sounds like it’s coming along nicely, you’ll be guaranteed happy when it’s done, these things are amazing drivers cars. 
cheers 

Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for your input. 

Ive decided to go with 6Boost, will be ordering it next week. Radiator will be PWR or Koyorad. 

I’m selling my daily atm, if I can sell it on time I’m thinking of going the extended sump. I’ve ordered Tomei sump baffle last week as I wasn’t sure if I was going to get extended sump or not. Worse case scenario I’ll be installing the baffle without the extended sump. 

decided to sell the ID injectors (1000cc) as I think I need minimum 1300cc’s for the power I am chasing. 

For the gearbox, I’m just going to hope it lasts for a bit lol. wont be taking the car to drags/track etc. it’ll be a weekender for me. 

Here’s what the car looked like before I started doing anything with it. (Purchased the car in this condition from my wife’s cousin) 

this car used to be in mint condition before engine shitting itself. The previous owner decided to go for a single turbo set up but it was kind of a el-cheapo set up. (Ebay manifold etc). 

C444C142-1398-46E2-B910-BD7C6C5A1CCF.png

I’ve stripped the engine bay with my friends help and started researching RB engines as I was very now to this. (Had multiple wrx’s before).

First thing I wanted to do was getting the engine bay painted back to the cars original colour Cristal White. This was done professionally. 

My father in law offered to paint my car as a birthday present to me (he is a qualified panel beater/spray painter) but he doesn’t work as a panel beater now. 
more pictures available if anyone wants to check out the insta account bnr32_93 is the account name 

18EE91AB-BFFC-4446-96B9-EDA44C5B3A15.png

ED265677-227D-427F-AA3A-33E2E9494300.jpeg

keep taking your time on build looking great mate. 2 points don't worry about the gearbox if your not gunna be competitive with the car. im one of many running 400awkw on stock gearbox and I drive my car very hard and race on weekends. the os giken set is a great upgrade for around 500kw(or just buy the used ones that come for sale every so often so you have an extra gearbox ready to role if something freak happens, or build It up with a os set. extended sump all that stuff is track/drag/really hard driving bells and whistles non of that extra shit matters for the weekend warrior.oil cooler with a relocation I bet would be plenty for your setup. I mean  if your willing to put the time and money into extended sump setup mise well get a deadly gearbox too. keep it simple m8 look at some of the mines builds there super simple and they power down hard with efficiency.  the final tune and maintenance on the car are most important. 6 boost with the new precision or garrett gtx35 series would be nasty.

look how simple this build Is by the ultimate himself don't need to make things complicated to have a setup that works great. 

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

Great decision going back to factory colour, will look very nice with fresh paint. 
In regards to injectors, I was told the 1650cc were the best choice if you’re considering running e85, also they are good for over 600kw so you’ll probably never have to upgrade them. They are the most expensive but I was told that’s because they have full stainless internals, where the 1000’s etc just have a stainless tip. 
Look it up and speak with the shop (whoever you use) get their opinion. 
from memory the 1650’s are called motorsport series or similar? 

• Thanks 1

On 05/04/2020 at 8:50 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Great decision going back to factory colour, will look very nice with fresh paint. 
In regards to injectors, I was told the 1650cc were the best choice if you’re considering running e85, also they are good for over 600kw so you’ll probably never have to upgrade them. They are the most expensive but I was told that’s because they have full stainless internals, where the 1000’s etc just have a stainless tip. 
Look it up and speak with the shop (whoever you use) get their opinion. 
from memory the 1650’s are called motorsport series or similar? 

I put my ID 1000cc injectors for sale this week. If I can sell it on time, I’ll be definitely going for a 1650 or something similar! I’m all about, do it once and do it right kinda guy? 

I was wondering if there’s a video available that shows a full engine bay reassembly?  I couldn’t find anything on YouTube. 

On 05/04/2020 at 7:53 PM, MoMnDadGTR said:

keep taking your time on build looking great mate. 2 points don't worry about the gearbox if your not gunna be competitive with the car. im one of many running 400awkw on stock gearbox and I drive my car very hard and race on weekends. the os giken set is a great upgrade for around 500kw(or just buy the used ones that come for sale every so often so you have an extra gearbox ready to role if something freak happens, or build It up with a os set. extended sump all that stuff is track/drag/really hard driving bells and whistles non of that extra shit matters for the weekend warrior.oil cooler with a relocation I bet would be plenty for your setup. I mean  if your willing to put the time and money into extended sump setup mise well get a deadly gearbox too. keep it simple m8 look at some of the mines builds there super simple and they power down hard with efficiency.  the final tune and maintenance on the car are most important. 6 boost with the new precision or garrett gtx35 series would be nasty.

look how simple this build Is by the ultimate himself don't need to make things complicated to have a setup that works great. 

you are definitely right, I think those are the things I would do for my next car maybe (r34 gtr) in the future haha 

Received my turbo today??
I can’t wait to get the 6boost manifold and see how they fit.

p.s that r34 is super responsive! It’s incredible.

D89257D8-2511-426C-AC7A-4B4F83F1FC4C.jpeg

• Like 1

On 07/04/2020 at 7:03 AM, oktaytrz said:

you are definitely right, I think those are the things I would do for my next car maybe (r34 gtr) in the future haha 

Received my turbo today??
I can’t wait to get the 6boost manifold and see how they fit.

p.s that r34 is super responsive! It’s incredible.

D89257D8-2511-426C-AC7A-4B4F83F1FC4C.jpeg

oh man picture your car in a few months gunna look unreal m8 that turbo is a great place to start haha right for the heart! stay moddest and humble your cars gunna be sick. don't let the cops snag yeah once yeah get that beast on the road. I got a rough ticket the other day so just a heads up mate stay safe out there!

On 08/04/2020 at 8:50 PM, MoMnDadGTR said:

oh man picture your car in a few months gunna look unreal m8 that turbo is a great place to start haha right for the heart! stay moddest and humble your cars gunna be sick. don't let the cops snag yeah once yeah get that beast on the road. I got a rough ticket the other day so just a heads up mate stay safe out there!

Appreciate the kind words man! Wouldn’t want the cops to pull me over ?

on that note, but if an update..

a little present arrived yesterday (thanks to DHL) working on public holidays. 

E2B48E8A-546F-4BEE-8451-30DC9597E50F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

have you recieved your 6boost manifold yet? thats the meat and potatoes for that nice garrett you have!

I’ve received the manifold 2 days ago and dropped it to my mechanic along with the Garret?

Also, ordered heater hose kit from Justjap. 
Sold the 1000cc ID Injectors and purchased 1300cc ID’s! I think I’ll hit 600 (or at least close to 600) with no issues now.

love it. flex fuel setup on e85? im using water meth injection on my car. works great with the haltec. seems like the boys down under arent going this route but i can get it for cheap and it keeps my engine parts clean...