SAU Community

GTR R32 Build

38 minutes ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Didn't realise you were in Perth! Who is tuning your car and who built the engine??

Hi mate,

Bottom end was done by Applied Automotive Engineering and the rest of the work is done by GS Auto Works (Grant). Ill be taking the car to Hyperdrive for a tune once it is completed. Hopefully in a month or two time.

3 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Looking good mate!!

But Why aren't you running a crank trigger setup? Standard NISSAN cas needs to be thrown in bin

Geez give the dude a break. The guy isn't even close to starting his engine yet to and I bet there's much more to look at before that. You're acting like he's going to start his engine and it will explode because he has a crank angle sensor. Yes triggers are better, he'll get there when needed. They aren't cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BK said:

Geez give the dude a break. The guy is even close to starting his engine yet. You're acting like he's going to start his engine and it will explode because he has a crank angle sensor.

There's a lot of things I want to do but due to the funds I can only do what is a must to have. I know many cars not running a crank trigger set up but saying that I do want to get the set once I have funds maybe after the build is complete 

29 minutes ago, BK said:

Geez give the dude a break. The guy is even close to starting his engine yet to and I bet there's much more to look at before that. You're acting like he's going to start his engine and it will explode because he has a crank angle sensor. Yes triggers are better, he'll get there when needed. They aren't cheap.

I don't see why you're acting so defensive? It's a very important aspect and insurance for his build.. Honestly, no wonder no one helps on SAU because it seems the policy here is to say "OH NOT NEEDED".

Well, it is required before tuning to make sure he doesn't slugged twice. I was just letting him know in case no one else has.

A Kulig trigger setup including sensors is $2,200 installed. So it's hardly more expensive than a set of coilovers.

1 minute ago, BK said:

And when you need a trigger kit, I would choose a Kulig trigger kit over a Platinum or Ross one why ?

I would either go with Ross or Platinum. Probably Ross as I know they both do the job anyways. Was actually going to get the Ross Balancer as well but ended up getting ATI.

Kulig is ran on the 1000hp+ TRP / Matouuks builds

My Kulig trigger has been modified by TRP also.

Platinum racing products, no thanks.

Some products don't need marketing, others need heaps. Enough said lol.

No issue with Ross though, decent kit but again the big boys run Kulig

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Appreciate the advice mate.

Im not building a 1000hp set up. Its only a 600-650 on e85 set up so I'm not that fussed about using the best.

15 hours ago, oktaytrz said:

Hi mate,

Bottom end was done by Applied Automotive Engineering and the rest of the work is done by GS Auto Works (Grant). Ill be taking the car to Hyperdrive for a tune once it is completed. Hopefully in a month or two time.

I thought grant / GS did tuning these days? 

10 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Go on then, I'll bite... What is PRP doing wrong that Kulig have nailed? Or do you just not like them because they understand how to sell a product? For the record, every product needs marketing. Coke is the biggest soft drink company in the world, they still spend $4 billion a year on marketing. Being ambitious is not a bad thing, and it also has no bearing on the quality of your product. Understanding that is the difference between being a clever dude supplying a local niche market with a well made product, and being a clever dude with a well made product running a company on a global scale. 

As a small business owner myself who is absolutely passionate and committed to providing what I believe to be the most innovative and functional products on the market; nothing frustrates me more than seeing people so high up the first slope of the Dunning-Kruger effect that they are lost in the clouds, bleating out their opinions with the intelligence of a fainting goat.

You're entitled to your opinion Benji, and I respect that you value quality. By all means, I'm sure we would all actually love to hear about what makes Kulig so good. But attempting to reinforce your position by just slagging off an Australian run business without actually bringing any facts at all just shades you as a man of average intelligence with an above average size wallet. 

/rant ??

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Dunning-Kruger effect

Gold ! Yep, I deal with it everyday....

OP for the record I have a Ross trigger and balancer on an Elite 2500.  Ross is good stuff - no modification if you end up down the crank trigger path. That said I've also done 10s with a CAS before the trigger.

The next rant coming I see will be to throw your Haltech Elite in the bin a get a Emtron.?‍♂️

57 minutes ago, BK said:

Gold ! Yep, I deal with it everyday....

OP for the record I have a Ross trigger and balancer on an Elite 2500.  Ross is good stuff - no modification if you end up down the crank trigger path. That said I've also done 10s with a CAS before the trigger.

The next rant coming I see will be to throw your Haltech Elite in the bin a get a Emtron.?‍♂️

I was going to get Platinum pro but my tuner recommended to get Elite2000 at least, as Haltech will not bring out new updates for the platinum pro. So ill be getting Elite 2000 as that is what I can afford to get atm. 

It is already hard building a car like this (especially when you have a family), I do appreciate the great advice from many of the experienced workers, however if you dont have the funds to get the "best" you just cant get it, simple. I have to stick to my plan and do what I can to get the car finished and finally drive it and enjoy as it'll be my first time driving a GTR. 

Mate I still run a Power FC in the 33 GTR, so don't worry the Haltech Elite is an excellent choice. In the two 32 GTR we have a 2500 in one (switched from Power FC d Jetro) and a 2000 in the other (switched from Link G4). You'll be happy with the 2000, it's more than capable for most RB26 setups. ?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, BK said:

Mate I still run a Power FC in the 33 GTR, so don't worry the Haltech Elite is an excellent choice. In the two 32 GTR we have a 2500 in one (switched from Power FC d Jetro) and a 2000 in the other (switched from Link G4). You'll be happy with the 2000, it's more than capable for most RB26 setups. ?

Awesome, thanks mate. 

Lets talk about the good old fuel set ups now :P

Learning towards Frenchies twin pump in tank fuel system kit AN8.

https://frenchysperformancegarage.com/collections/nissan-skyline-r32gt-r/products/r32gt-r-twin-pump-in-tank-fuel-system-kit-an8

with 2x Walbro 460's. Power goal with e85 is 450-480kw. 25/26psi maximum boost.  I'm happy with 500hp on pump fuel and im sure we will hit that power level with the current set up.