SAU Community

GTR R32 Build

55 minutes ago, hattori hanzo said:

re exhaust, bigger is always better

See below graph of cutting the restriction out of my HKS Hi Power Silent

dyno.thumb.jpg.df523bc7d37160c037c248ebbe97fcb0.jpg

yeah when i ditched my 3.5 and went to the 4" my egt's were much lower during hard driving, and recovery time was much better for egt as well. holds boost better in top end with my twins but wont notice that with that beefy Garrett, she gunna pull like a maniac either way....

• Like 1

Update:

-Fuel tank is in with the frenchies kit and the fuel lines are completed

-cooler pipes, catch can and pod filter pipe is all painted in gloss black for that clean blackish look 

IMG_20201113_212352_124.jpg

received_1279908242388527.jpeg

Edited by oktaytrz
Wrong picture

On 17/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, oktaytrz said:

20201116_111145.jpg

Is there a reason that the bov is pre intercooler and far away from your throttles ? It's also seems unnecessarily long and close to your wheel.

Bov is supposed to be mounted as close as practical to your throttle body, that's why the OEM put them where they are.

Your muffler also looks smaller than 3.5inch internally

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BK said:

Is there a reason that the bov is pre intercooler and far away from your throttles ? It's also seems unnecessarily long and close to your wheel.

Bov is supposed to be mounted as close as practical to your throttle body, that's why the OEM put them where they are.

2 reasons: Placing the BOV near the turbo is to prevent compressor surge and we thought, if we ever need to go to engineering (if I get yellow stickered etc.) and plumb back, its a lot easier to plumb it back on the passenger side.

Here's another photo from another angle. its pretty far away from the wheel.

20201116_111149.jpg

Hey mate...just checked out this thread... nice build, your gonna love it. I got my car back a couple of weeks ago, running a similar setup. Made 450kw on pump and 550kw on e85. 

Edited by AgEr
Issue

38 minutes ago, AgEr said:

Hey mate...just checked out this thread... nice build, your gonna love it. I got my car back a couple of weeks ago, running a similar setup. Made 450kw on pump and 550kw on e85. 

Hi mate,

Thars great! How much boost you pushing through? 550kw is amazing! I'll be happy with 475kw!

Did you have to run in your engine for a bit? 

48 minutes ago, oktaytrz said:

Hi mate,

Thars great! How much boost you pushing through? 550kw is amazing! I'll be happy with 475kw!

Did you have to run in your engine for a bit? 

My engine was already previously built.. just done the single turbo setup and some further supporting mods... 19psi on pump and 21psi on e85... if you haven't finished your exhaust, I would recommend getting an AES dump valve... easy power gains when open and it makes it sound like a monster with the flick of a switch...

• 4 weeks later...

hey man sorry I've been away from the site for a bit. super happy for you mate. good guy even better car lol. side not I got my new rb26 finally stripped to long block and ready to ship for machining and building. ill pm you. engine looks great though man mate what a beast. the old white horse is gunna buck lol

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Its been a while.. started working FIFO so things are moving a little slow.

Still waiting for the paint prep to be completed before the respray. In the mean time we have an issue to solve which I think its the Gearbox input shaft. There's a rattling noise coming but couldnt not figure out the exact location. The tuner and my mechanic's first guess was the alternator bearing but we've started the car without the belt and the rattling was still there. 

When the clutch is pressed in, the rattling goes away and the usual twin plate clutch noise comes which isn't too loud.  Due to be back home next Friday so I will be dropping the gearbox out, leave flywheel on, bolt up the bell housing/plug the starter and start the car to confirm its the gearbox.

Overall, very happy how the car turned out mechanically but I will be doing some more upgrades during the year so watch this space!

38 minutes ago, hattori hanzo said:

Did i miss something, how did it go on the dyno?

Running Tune went pretty good mate. The car drives pretty good, its just that rattling noise that I have to figure out (I put my bet towards the gearbox input shaft).

The only issue with dyno was the exhaust side of the engine bay paint lifting/burning off due to me not having a turbo beanie +reflective tape along that side of the engine bay lol. Turbo sits too close towards the engine LHS engine bay. Will fix that after the exterior paint is completed.