SAU Community

Key pad immobiliser issues on R33GTS25T S2 , help plz .

Hi all , I have a 1996 S2 GTS25T which has died after problems I believe with its immobiliser .

I bought this car in about 2008 from the original owner who said it came here a year previously . I think the immobiliser may be a Brant and has the grey numeric key pad with white numbers that glow red . The keypad has often been difficult to operate and worse of late . For a week before the car died it would run ok then develop a brief miss and then start start to run lean . The temp fix was to pull over ignition off and restart . It has now died completely and refuses to start . Cranks fine but does not even try to fire . No red ignition lights .

Usually when the 4 number code was entered I'd get a solid relay click and everything would power up . Now it sometimes gives a near silent click and no ignition lights .

I'd really like to flick this system if only to get the car going again . I think what the installer has done is cut several wires just short of the plug on the back of the ignition switch and run extension wires to whatever relay box they used to immobilise the power systems .

Would I be right in thinking that if I cut and re-join  the factory wiring all should be good ?

Cheers from Adrian .

1 hour ago, discopotato03 said:

Would I be right in thinking that if I cut and re-join  the factory wiring all should be good ?

Yes, assuming you rejoin the correct wires.

The absolute correct thing to do would have been to do this as soon as you saw that you had a Brandt keypad immobiliser, because they are the biggest stinking pile of shit ever and you should count yourself lucky you haven't been stranded anywhere because of it.