SAU Community

Hello all,

I used to have an account on here and would post rarely mainly about faulty mfd's. Well I've owned a r34 gtr for 11 years. I had to leave Japan and moved to somewhere I could legally import my GTR. The car was supposed to get here in the last couple of years but the dickhead I left the car with to deregister my car and send to the ship decided to hold on to the car and thrash it. The guy 'supposedly' blew my motor and the garage he took it to told me they could repair the motor for 5000000 jpy. long story short, I get the car back destroyed. like, I'm finding cam cover bolts in the cam cover itself resting right next to the cam. My cams are no longer tomei I'm missing fuel parts I'm missing coil packs I'm just missing random things. So after I analyze the damage I can't find myself trusting the integrity of the motor despite prior to jumping on that Japan airline flight had the motor rebuilt, body shop repair, you know the anal things that we do to take care of our cars. So I think to myself who could work on a RB26 around here how much would it cost? I randomly stumble on a RB30 so now I wonder what I need to do to put it in my car. Now I talked to spool back in '17 and they told me I need to get the awd adapter plate and drill a hole for a tensioner.  Is this all I need to do? So pretty much I take this block, slap that plate on, slap my head (with all the correct parts) on, bolt up my getrag to it, fabricate I/c pipes and radiator hoses for it and it should be good? What else am I missing? thank you for your feedback and advice!

-L

Edited by mugiwara no luffy

No. You don't dirty thirty a GTR. Unless by "take this block, slap that plate on" you mean "rebuild the 30 bottom end so you can trust it".

But otherwise, what you said is close. Oil pump drive is a big thing still. ECU will want some tickling.

Early RBs have a short oil pump drive spline. It self destructs. There is an enormous amount of discussion on upgrading to a longer pump drive all over the internet. Probably 5000 pages of it on here. You need to make yourself aware of the best course of action and the best option (for a 30). It is even more important to do it on an RB30 under a twin cam head because of spinning the longer throw crank to higher rpm.

The work is to machine off the old pump drive area and shrink fit a new drive collar onto the spot.