SAU Community

SAFC II Tuning for R25de engine

1 hour ago, Anel Datt said:

Hello I need help in tuning  SAFC II which is installed in RB25de non turbo. Can any help 

Since I guess you won't want to pay for a dyno you will need to pay for someone to stick an AFR sensor in your tail pipe ...but as above...why would you?

Yeah ok, so the short version is - your mixtures would be fine with the stock ECU. Which you should be able to see on your AFR gauge. 

Why did you replace the factory FPR?

Also, what are you trying to achieve by 'tuning' your essentially stock car, with a SAFC II?

Well Im using this car for 1/4 Mile drags race in Fiji Islands. I took a advice from someone to install a SAFC II where it can be tuned... can it be tuned or need more or other options 

46 minutes ago, Anel Datt said:

can it be tuned or need more or other options

Need a reason to tune it. (Which you do not really have, even if drag racing is what you are wanting to do). There is precious little you can do to wring more power out of an NA engine. Advance the CAS a couple of degrees and you will save yourself the thousand seashells that it would cost to "tune" it with the SAFC.

If you want more power, you are going to have to put something onto the engine that will add power. That can be NA mods (cams, porting, compression), or nitrous or a turbo or a blower. The NA mods are a bad idea (on power per $). Nitrous will see you destroy your engine. A blower is always too hard for everyone. So, you need a turbo. Then, you need an ECU, not the SAFC, which is a pig's breakfast way to tune an engine.

• Like 1

Since you have the SAFC (already installed?) and an AFR gauge you may as well play with it so long as you understand it will give you little or nothing in the way of performance gains. Just Google SAFC II tuning and you will find articles and a couple of videos on how to do it.

1 hour ago, Anel Datt said:

Well Im using this car for 1/4 Mile drags race in Fiji Islands. I took a advice from someone to install a SAFC II where it can be tuned... can it be tuned or need more or other options 

Nissan has already tuned your stock ECU. You will not be able to improve on the factory tune by playing with your SAFC. 

If you want to play with it for fun, go ahead and enjoy yourself. Just be mindful that there is nothing to be gained power-wise and there is the potential to damage your motor if you don't know what your doing (eg if you lean the mixtures out too much under high load). 

Glad to help 

It's good you can come here to get the advice that drag racing a non turbo skyline is not the best idea. Unless of course you are racing people on push bikes

Probably a good idea to detune the engine so it doesn't grenade itself with the fuel they get over there.

You can't really make the N/A go faster without spending big money, and then you'd be far better of with a turbo car to begin with.

So look at weight reduction and suspension tuning+tyres.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• In the first photo you posted, the colour of the control arms are the signature colour for Ikeya. Same for the swaybar, signature colour for Whiteline.  I like Hardrace, they also do hardened rubber bushes if your car is mainly a street car.  I like GKTech as well, but they use a lot of rose joints in their stuff so might not be the best choice for everyone.  The system might have been good back in its day, but it's a prehistoric system now. I suspect that most people have removed the HICAS as they want the car to do what they want to do, not what the car wants to do. From what I also understand, it isn't consistent in it's behaviour on track so it's hard to trust the car/know where its absolute limits are for track use.  Having said that, I think the HICAS eliminator kit was the first thing I installed when I bought my car. I don't personally have any experience with the HICAS system on a race track.  
    • Thanks for the info. Didn’t know I had aftermarket control arms already? Will talk to my garage. What brand would u recommend if I want to play around with my camber more? I would think my camber is around stock level right now or more negative now due to lowering with coilovers. I will be lower her again 1.5 cm to get some more.    also why does everyone like to remove the hicas system? Is it because most don’t work properly anymore or ppl just don’t like them. Mine is functioning as it should be right now.    thanks for the good info 
    • It looks like you've got Ikeya control arms and an aftermarket sway bar, maybe whiteline?  Or am I just going crazy? lol Unfortunately it won't, but what it will do is look really pretty. That's about all unfortunately.  How much neg camber do you currently have? Generally lowing the car dials in quite a bit of neg camber as it is. If you do go down this path, your best bet is get adjustable arms, toe arms (or preferably a good HICAS elimination kit) and traction rods. With all 3 being adjustable, you'll be able to dial out any bump steer that is introduced by playing with the camber settings. 
    • Great discussion guys. I just have coil overs in my car right now. Ride is pretty stiff and everything feels very precise and accurate when hitting the corners. I started off with a high level and kept specimen.   the only item I feel I might need to adjust is my camber with control arms or a kit as I might want to tuck in my rims more so there is no rubbing. Otherwise I have not thought too much into it as quite happy with the setup. I think the bushings are all good still.    My motor is currently out now but I have got a nismo front strut bar to install. So that should help with body roll in front.    added a photo of what I started with before the modding or let’s say modernization of parts started. 😂
    • Thank you both, much appreciated. Yes, 6k miles, not a typo lol. The underside, engine bay, engine, trunk, interior, etc., look great and super clean, has all the splash guards too. Not sure if you can expand the photos, but the dash pic shows the ODO. She looks brand new, inside and out, even has the original Nissan TV/DVD/Nav head unit; still thinks it's in Tokyo haha! I used to own a '94 MKIV Supra, sadly sold it years ago, but wow I love the Skyline so much! The R34 gets SO much attention here since they just became legal to import last year.