Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Riiim6

Plazmaman RB25DET Full Billet Intake Manifold

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys, 

I'm starting my latest project which is installing a Plazmaman Full Billet Intake Manifold for my S2 RB25DET in my R32 GTS-T. has anybody else had any experience with this? I guess what I'm really asking about is the plumbing. Coolant and Fuel is simple enough but what about all the vacuum lines all over the stock manifold? Would I just be rerouting all that stuff to the vacuum port on the bottom side? 

I'm also running a MAP sensor so what do you guys think the best place to tap it into?

Any advice is appreciated, Cheers guys.

GTR-BILLET-INLET-20-800x600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, everything connected after the throttle in the current setup and MAP goes into the plenum (you'll probably need fittings). Anything before the throttle like BOV pressure or boost controller still needs to go before the throttle (on custom piping generally)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to answer these questions would be to contact Plazaman Directly either phone or email and that way you can know for sure what everything you will need prior to get this working...

for example you have -10 an fitting on the coolant feed, i have no clue what that would be for.You should defiantly  also for sure check if your stock throttle body can bolt on or if you would need an adapter (you usually do with other inatke manifolds). Check to see if they supply the nipples and/or block offs for the ports on the manifold for your vac lines. It would also be nice to get a new inatke manifold Gasket. The Greddy/freddy intake manifolds are well documented for what you will need and how to plumb the vac lines for idle air controller and what not... you dont wanna have it in your hands and try to install it and then realize your missing a bunch of stuff so shoot them an email or call for some instructions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply guys. I finally got this thing installed and you were right about the fittings and the throttle body. Ended up going for a new throttle body and spent about a week going to and from my hydraulic/pneumatics shop getting the right fittings. Here's the end product. 

Cheers Guys.

Engine Bay.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, Riiim6 said:

Thanks for the reply guys. I finally got this thing installed and you were right about the fittings and the throttle body. Ended up going for a new throttle body and spent about a week going to and from my hydraulic/pneumatics shop getting the right fittings. Here's the end product. 

Cheers Guys.

Engine Bay.jpg

Looks awesome, very jealous!

What was the end use of that -10 fitting on the coolant pipe? Asking because I am looking at getting one of these soon-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's to route the water jackets together. Yes they look good but unless you have a a 800+hp setup not worth it. 

Here is a back to back on a r34 from standard to plazmaman intake,take note of the big dip. Highly recommend their top half plenums for street cars

IMG_20191210_110548.thumb.jpg.6e9764b55e9e5fcdb1522dddb0318aa2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

It's to route the water jackets together. Yes they look good but unless you have a a 800+hp setup not worth it. 

Here is a back to back on a r34 from standard to plazmaman intake,take note of the big dip. Highly recommend their top half plenums for street cars

IMG_20191210_110548.thumb.jpg.6e9764b55e9e5fcdb1522dddb0318aa2.jpg

Wait, which line is with the Plazmaman top half?  The green line or the blue/pink lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mosquitocoils said:

Wait, which line is with the Plazmaman top half?  The green line or the blue/pink lines?

blue and pink. Same dyno & workshop. the only variables was prp coil kit & the tuners as I touched up the original tune the boss did the original only really changed the fuel map & boost control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robbo_rb180 said:

blue and pink. Same dyno & workshop.

Wow that's a decent dip in torque. At the moment I have a freddy manifold so even going back to stock long runners under the plazma top half would surely give me more torque than I have currently... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mosquitocoils said:

Wow that's a decent dip in torque. At the moment I have a freddy manifold so even going back to stock long runners under the plazma top half would surely give me more torque than I have currently... 

yep, I have gone from greddy w/Q45 to plazmaman w/ DBW. There was a noticable difference when we ran it up on the dyno a while back. Will hopefully have it all finished in a few months & have results of greddy& 6boost vs plazmaman & external gatedfactory exhaust manifold- everything else the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 5:46 PM, mosquitocoils said:

Looks awesome, very jealous!

What was the end use of that -10 fitting on the coolant pipe? Asking because I am looking at getting one of these soon-ish.

It was installed by a previous owner. I just kept it on cause it helps route the pipe properly to my radiator. I actually ended up routing all the water lines going from the plenum together into a fitting at the top of my radiator. 

The instructions that came with the kit weren't super clear on how to route those but don't route it to your coolant overflow or else you'll just constantly overflow and spill coolant everywhere.

Also be aware you'll have to change out your clutch master cylinder. The stock one (at least on the r32 GTS-T) has the clutch line running down and it will hit the plenum making it nearly impossible to install. I went ahead and grabbed a Infiniti g35 cylinder and drilled the threads out to mount it and got a custom steel braided line to replace the old hard line. Also the reservoir is ina  remote location now. Probably gonna upgrade to a wilwood at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...