SAU Community

2004/05 Dual Thermal Cooling Fan Required

Hi All,

I need to get new/2nd hand dual thermal cooling fans (with plastic assembly) for my 04/05 V35 coupe.

Looking to buy some in Australia, searched everywhere on the net, cannot find anything only US.

Also are these interchangeable with any other Nissan?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Rush 

If they must be new, then you'll have no choice but to look overseas. Aside from the US, give Amayama and Partsouq a look, as their prices can be quite competitive (I've dealt with Partsouq myself and they've been great on the two occasions I've used them). Be sure to search by part number rather than by make/model/build date, to be sure you're landing the right one and THEN cross-compare to see what make/model/build year they list it as being suitable for, just as a means to double check.That has always ensured I get the right part for my vehicle, particularly if the part number has been superseded by a newer (compatible) component.

• Thanks 1

just be aware some models have round pins on the bottom to mount in round holes in the radiator and some are rectangular.  Not sure how easy it would be to make a rectangular pin fit in a round hole or vice versa if you get the wrong one.

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy just the motors new from the U.S (cheaper shipping) but our dollar sucks at the moment.

I bought some but didn't fit properly (the shroud was a replacement I got in 2012 from memory and not OEM so suspect that's why).

If you get one from the wreckers, make sure you bench test it there.

The passenger side fan is first to go usually. 

What are the issues you are facing? Are they both not working or one? Clicking noise etc?

Along with checking the loom connected to the fans (for dirt and power etc), you can also check the 3 relays located in the IPDM (box behind the battery. You don't need to remove the battery, you can take off the plastic trim and wriggle it out like I did).

I had and issue where one fan died but I also checked the relays and 2 were faulty. 

I ended up getting all 3 relays on EBay and has been all good since then.

My advice is along with checking the above, if you don't want to risk a second hand fan (one I bought was also faulty but the wreckers swapped it no question) is if you contact Auto Electricians who also do Alternator/Window Motor Rebuilds etc, they should be able to rebuild your motors. 

Also make sure you check the condition of your radiator once the fans are out. They're easy to damage.

If they're all good, you can buy special cleaners for the aluminium radiator/condenser and give it a good clean. 

Having the fans out of the way means you can stick a hose in and point outwards to flush the fins.

If you're in QLD, All Import Wrecking at the Gold Coast is currently having a sale.

?