SAU Community

R32 gtr attesa ecu flashing help!

Semih_Ozdemir

3 minutes ago, Semih_Ozdemir said:

I can't choose for example 20k or what not. 

Yes....but I already posted that Flukes are autoranging, so you don't have to choose 2k or 20k or any other resistance range. But if it has an Omega symbol on the dial, then it can do resistance. And I cannot imagine a Fluke clamp meter that does not have a resistance range.

So what model is it?

Ahhhhh. Just saw post on previous page.

The continuity range is also resistance. So now we go back to your original reporting on what the sensors were reading. Wait one.

Edited by GTSBoy

You reported no continuity on the 13 - 20 wires. I don't trust that. That would require all of them to be dead. Although you do need to report only the 13-14, 15-16 etc pairs.

Get a resistor of known value from your stash of electronics parts and tell us what the Fluke says when you measure it on the cont/res scale. If you don't have a resistor, get an 8 ohm speaker or something and test that.

The 1-2 and 3-4 pairs were not to be tested up at the ATTESA CU either. They were to be tested down at the sensor plugs. So try that too, and report.

If you don’t have good resistance sin the 8-2.2 range, then measure terminal 1,2,3,4 on the harness side. After this is done we will be able to tell if your control unit is faulty or you have a broken wire or bad ground somewhere . I’m starting to think you should try n find a friends control unit and try it.

34 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

then measure terminal 1,2,3,4 on the harness side

Too vague. By "on the harness side", he means down at the sensor plugs. Because the 13-14, 15-16 etc tests are done on the harness side, up at the CU.

35 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

I’m starting to think you should try n find a friends control unit and try it.

I always resist this suggestion until it is proven that there are no other faults on the car that could fry your friend's ATESSA box.

3 minutes ago, Semih_Ozdemir said:

I get Infiniti on both when tested at 3ohms and 500ohms setting

The expected resistance is somewhere between 800 ohms and 2200 ohms. That is why i initially instructed you to choose the 20k range on a multimeter, as it will definitely measure and display those sorts of values.

If you try to measure a resistance larger than the range your meter is set to, it will say infinity. So you have to increase the range.

You got open circuit at 19-20, which is one of the rears. You need to find that 4 pin plug and test those pairs too.

1 hour ago, Semih_Ozdemir said:

Problem is now fixed.

Good stuff.

2 hours ago, Semih_Ozdemir said:

Front right wheel sensor - 1.24 ohms
Front left wheel sensor - 1.24 ohms

That almost certainly would have been k ohms. As in 1240 ohms.

Good job buddy. I feeel your pain I was in your shoes many times!, little trouble shooting little grunt and some wire chasing and walla!!! I’m curious to know which wire caused this if you can post a pic m8, glad she’s grippin n rippin again!