SAU Community

Brakes Direct BBK

Hi,

I've been discussion on and off for BBK options with Brakes Direct. I've bought some pads off them in the past,  and I have to say, that they are very responsive and approachable, so big thumbs up to them.

Has anyone used their Forza floating rotors at all? They use Alcon calipers which is very impressive too. They offered a  Front(365/32 with 6 piston CAR97 calipers) and Rear(335/28 with 4 piston CAR36 Calipers) kit for my 32R and just wondering really if you guys have any feedback on their BBK's at all?

Thanks.

I have he brake kit as do many I race with etc

The product is good and has been proven

Word of warning through experience of myself and many many many people I know

I agree they are responsive and approachable and will take your $ but dont expect you order anytime soon or trust any time line they give you. But you get your stuff eventually

no matter what they say expect somewhere between 3 - 6 months 

as they bulk buy etc out of China for some parts they have no control over timelines and given the recent CV there might be more delays / problems also just as a thought

98372994_Alconcalipers.thumb.jpg.c87602575e4914c24e674b148284d9b5.jpg1146943393_Forzadisks.thumb.jpg.c8e458f8b3227f801e208e5e7340a4c6.jpg467360727_Brakeson.thumb.jpg.15f6d0e4e4352a7883b967df72f2e75d.jpg

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 1

Been on track about 4 /5 times with it - prob not even reached its potential yet - I went from R34 Brembo with Project Mu 2 piece rotors and H16 03 comp pads to yes the 365mm kit on the front and the Forza 6 brake pads provided with it and significant improved braking - not fade in 3 lap sprint what so ever

thats a 1200 kg r32 gtst time attack car doing sprints running brake booster still currently going to peddle box to be able to modulate braking more and will up grade the quality of pads

For direct comparison to yours a mate of mine whom I compete against has one/ if not the quickest all round  R32 GTR  that is still street rego full trim etc and 700hp odd and uses the same but with Project Mu club racer pads I think and more than does the job for a 3 lap sprint

Edited by bcozican

Mate that is EXACTLY the kind of info I was after.

Did you have to drill the hubs at all? How much work was it to install? Was it actually bolton? I dont care if i have to trim/bend the cover at the back, but I dont really want to drill the hubs out, which is the primary reason for not going with R34 brembo's.

No drilling of hubs at all. Just specify what you want and they will match it up.

All just bolt on im not the most accomplished in the world and took me about 45mins tops to do both

Yes backing plates will have to ve gone/ bent/ modded

All is good..... once you eventually get the stuff

• 2 months later...

Cheers for the help guys.

I ordered the 378mm fronts and 355mm rears. I have a forged 3.2 coming to life soon in my 32R so dont want to be relying on the stock shitutomo's. For comparions sake, I put new oem rotors(4), braided brake lines, new lines and QFM pads, and encountered lots of brake fade in a small circuit.. Lost brakes pulling up from a mere 210k..

Lets hope I dont have to upgrade the BMC.

what calipers did you use for the 355mm rear from brakes direct?

I have 380mm fronts with the CR6380 and 350mm 370z rear with stock caliper. looking to upgrade rear to an alcon caliper in future for better balance.

pad choice was likely a contributor. put some proper pads and make sure you fluid is fresh and bled.

project mu H16

Carbotech XP10/12

performance friction 01/06 etc

either flush brakes every event or run Castrol SRF fluid and just bleed a bit to ensure no air.

and my rule is double the power, double the brakes. stock brakes on High powered cars doing consecutive laps is a bad idea, so good call on the big kit for the 3.2

Edited by burn4005

On 31/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, niZmO_Man said:

which QFM pad?

I'm not sure, It was apparently the top of the link from memory. Either way, not bagging the pads here. Just sharing my experience on the stock brakes. I was running brand new fluid too, bled(inc ABS).

On 02/06/2020 at 9:34 AM, burn4005 said:

what calipers did you use for the 355mm rear from brakes direct?

I have 380mm fronts with the CR6380 and 350mm 370z rear with stock caliper. looking to upgrade rear to an alcon caliper in future for better balance.

pad choice was likely a contributor. put some proper pads and make sure you fluid is fresh and bled.

project mu H16

Carbotech XP10/12

performance friction 01/06 etc

either flush brakes every event or run Castrol SRF fluid and just bleed a bit to ensure no air.

and my rule is double the power, double the brakes. stock brakes on High powered cars doing consecutive laps is a bad idea, so good call on the big kit for the 3.2

The fronts are CAR97 and rears are CAR98. What wheels are you running? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 2:34 PM, hattori hanzo said:

Ordered the Alcon BBK from Brakes Direct 3 weeks ago

Commited to 6-8 week lead time, I am judging them fiercely.

knowing you after all our dramas you'll prob get your ahead of time !

On 6/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, hattori hanzo said:

Ordered the Alcon BBK from Brakes Direct 3 weeks ago

Commited to 6-8 week lead time, I am judging them fiercely.

I got told 3-5 weeks back at the start of June so maybe i'll get mine before you get yours...

CAR97 and CAR36 calipers with 365/335 rotors however. Still want to run the 17's

• 1 year later...

So I decided to put my brakes on, but the dogbones in the front dont clear the knuckles.. Wasnt happy. Did you guys that have 32R's have any issues with the dogbones not clearing? I spoke to Greg who was helpful enough, said to grind off the bit in the corner where it fouls(The dogbone itself). Wasnt too keen on doing that, so will send the dogbones back to them.

• 1 month later...

Funny story, I had exactly the same experience as Predator1 when I bought my kit from Brakes Direct back in 2015.

Constant delays, dog bones didn't fit and supplied bolts were too short. Got the run around from Brakes Direct when trying to sort the issues out.