SAU Community

Calling GTR owners

Guest GTR98

Hi there

I wanted to meet up with GTR owners that have had some mods done.

Im contemplating a few more mods to my car and i wanted to assess what avenues to take.

Regards

Happy to meet with GTSt owners but i really need to check out other GTR's and go for rides to see if i want to shell out the extra bucks for that sort of bang.

"Budget" and modifying a GTR dont exactly go hand in hand. Dont even think about turbos if u are only going to put in 5k!

First: Full exhaust system (trubo's back)

Second: Pod Filters with appropriate ducting

Third & Fourth: Intercooler upgrade and or Cam Gears

By doing this, boost will rise a little as it is not being restricted as much.

Its at this stage that your injectors are nearing max and fuel pump is getting strained.

From there on its "Speed costs Money, how fast do you want to go?"

Boost controller, injectors, fuelpump, new computer management, oil/air separator, turbos, clutch ect....ect...

Sorry dude my car already has some mods done..

Power FC

Airfilter

Front pipes

Hi flow cat

Cat back

1 bar boost

Platinum Plugs

Phased Cams

But now i want more and some people are telling me dont bother with changing too much as it will open a can of works with more and more money to spend.

So just Hi flow the Std GTR Turbos and max out everything.

Or

Buy new turbos say GT2530's and max everything out.

Help me Dude.

Cheers

Fit a larger, more efficient cooler. Your power FC (hand controller) will tell you what duty your injectors are at. As for turbos well you cant go past the 2530's or 2535's with their associated dump pipes (the ones where the internal wastegate has a separate pipe). Both bolt onto the standard manifold and are safe for around 2 bar.

Remember that if you do go the new turbo option, you WILL need larger injectors 550cc+, larger fuel pump (you can buy bosch in-tank fuel pumps to suit GTR's) and just to be on the safe side, oil/air separator, and oil cooler. Also a twin plate clutch is also a good idea, as well as new suspension (for handling the extra power and more control/feel). Upgrade brake pads to something like EBC green/blue/yellow stuff for increased stopping.

This should net you around 300rwkw. Providing that it is tuned properly (on a dyno is a good way) there is no reason that you need to open the motor. The Gearbox is still safe providing you treat it nicely. Anymore power than this and it starts to get into big HP and big dollar fields.

had one previously so may be able to comment.... I'd do cam gears first before anything then twin plate clutch - guy on here Emre has done an 11.9 I think with std turbos, just clutch and cam gears, pods, dump pipes and exhaust running 17psi or so.. Std cooler is good for 500hp or so, lot better than people think.. Also get your car on the dyno and tuned properly also.. As well injectors will start to max out soon.. go at least 550cc or larger if you are planning on bigger turbos.. GTR is a weapon waiting to be unleashed.