SAU Community

Spun bearing melted

All,

i have spun bearing on cylinder 2 and 3 and will be scrapping car if engine doesn’t last much longer so this is to get as much out of enginr before scrapping as car is not worth full proper rebuild

Now my question, spun bearing has melted on  the journal and part of it on rod inner bit( is there a term for it?)

i can’t get it off as it seems welded . I have seen some people used murantic acid but I want to know if there is any other way before i try that.

i think bearing is aluminume and bearing journal is steel

Getting the bearing off the rod and crank is of no relevance, both will need to be measured and almost certainly machined before they could be re-used, let the machine shop sort it. BTW if it has spun that badly everything where oil goes needs to be disassembled and cleaned or replaced including any oil cooler and factory water/oil cooler.

If machining/rebuilding is out of budget throw them in the bin and put a second hand engine in.

4 minutes ago, drifter17a said:

New engine not an option

and this is on car socan’t strip it

just need advice if anyone has one on how to grt it off

Scrap it now my dude.

the point is, getting the bearing remains out is irrelevant. The engine needs to be disassembled, measure and rebuilt or simply replaced.

if the bearing has spun enough to weld onto the journal, both surfaces are almost certainly f**ked and need machining. Potentially it is too badly damaged to even put oversize bearings in, but you can't tell without disassembling and measuring