• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

AnthonyToot

Passenger door unable to lock

Own a skyline R34 1998 coupe.

After my car died I tried to jumpstart it, I had the cables on the wrong way and I think it fried something. Right now my AC, central locking and radio unit isn't working. I'm hoping it's a fuse problem but worse case probably not.

My passenger side right now will not lock, both when I try to lock it from the inside and outside.

The lock seems to be jammed or something because when I push it in, I always pushes back out and unlocks it self. Same goes for when I use the key outside the door to lock it. It always forces itself to unlock. Any ideas on what the problem is.

Is there a fuse that might control the lock? I don't think the actuators are the problems because it can push it self out so I'm thinking it might be getting a current that constantly forces it open.

Disconnect the battery again and see if you can lock it with the key. That will tell you if it is doing it with power of with a "spring". If it is lockable without power, then don't leave the battery connected, or you will likely drain it or maybe even burn something.

Go check all the fuses. Both under the dash and under the bonnet. Find any that are blown and replace, then consider what works and what doesn't work.

Be prepared to take it to an auto-elecctrician, because you have a number of other systems in the car (the ECU, the ABS/TC CU, the HICAS CU) that could all be grumpy with you for smashing the electrons in backwards. They don't usually take kindly to the nasty transient voltage spikes you get when you make and break backwards battery connections.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, GTSBoy said:

doing it with power of with a "spring".

Meant "or with a spring".

Thank you, I'll try that and see if it works. Would you happen to know the location of the fuses that control the locking mechanism?