SAU Community

Compliance Help Needed

Keir

Hi all,

I'm trying to register my Stagea M35 in the ACT. It's currently registered in NSW.

Following the inspection there was a huge list of stuff I needed to fix, which has all been done.

One thing remains, the guys at the ACT Vehicle Inspection Station are not convinced that the three child restraint anchorage (CRA) points located on the inside of the roof, right at the back are compliant.

The fact that my vehicle was complied already in NSW and has the purple sticker doesn't sway them. They've asked me to provide the Consumer Information Notice (CIN) to prove that the CRA points are fitted where they're meant to be.

My purple sticker shows that my vehicle was complied by a company called Australian Compliance Centre Pty Ltd and when I search for them, I discover that they've ceased trading. So I have written to the RAWS section at the Department of Infrastructure asking if they can provide the CIN.

What a nightmare.

Does anyone have or know where I can find some documentation that proves the correct location of these CRA points?

Thanks,
Keir

Ours came from QLD and I've been to Hume recently - wheels and brake upgrade (ATTKD 350Z front and 350Z rear) had to be engineered and all tint had to come off. That's been done and ready for retest. The child restraint points are mounted in the roof inside the back hatch - same place as in our ARX (which went through Hume when we bought it).  And they definitely checked them. 

I guess my point was that the inspector is mistaken and it might be useful to take it up with the superviser.  Anyway, I have the M35 Owner's Manual and if you PM me your mobile I'll SMS the page dealing with Child Anchorage Locations.  It might be helpful.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2020 at 12:05 AM, karter said:

PM me your mobile I'll SMS the page dealing with Child Anchorage Locations.  It might be helpful.

Thanks so much for helping me out with this. I went back to the Hume Inspection Station this morning armed with the documentation and it actually swayed them. My Stagea now has ACT number plates!

• Like 1