SAU Community

RB25DET NEO swap in R34 GTV

Hey guys,

I’ve got an manual R34 GTV (the GT model with factory gtt lsd, brakes, suspension).

I’m looking to do a RB25DET neo swap. 
I’ve heard that the GTV only came with the RB20 box like the GT’s, so I’ve already swapped in the RB25DET GTT box with a new clutch. 

The RB25DET I’m looking at comes with complete hot and cold sides, ecu, engine loom and alternator. Is there anything else that I need to complete the swap? 

Thanks

Make sure the ECU boost sensor is on the loom.

Upgrade the fuel pump.

Nothing else that I can think of.

It is quite possible that the TCS won't work properly. If it doesn't and you end up with codes, you will need to Nistune the ECU. Should do that anyway.

15 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Make sure the ECU boost sensor is on the loom.

Upgrade the fuel pump.

Nothing else that I can think of.

It is quite possible that the TCS won't work properly. If it doesn't and you end up with codes, you will need to Nistune the ECU. Should do that anyway.

Thanks, makes sense. 

The car didn’t come with traction control, which is a bit confusing but at least it makes it easier. 
What’s a good fuel pump to go for? 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Matt Z said:

The car didn’t come with traction control, which is a bit confusing but at least it makes it easier.

That's the problem. The car doesn't have it, the ABS/TCS CU is probably only ABS enabled, and the ECU expects to talk to the ABC/TCS CU about both ABS and TCS. It (the ECU) will probably chuck a spaz. Hence needing to Nistune to sidestep the codes.

2 hours ago, Matt Z said:

What’s a good fuel pump to go for?

Bosch 040, Walbro 255, or anything newer, bigger and better able to take ethanol than those.

35 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

That's the problem. The car doesn't have it, the ABS/TCS CU is probably only ABS enabled, and the ECU expects to talk to the ABC/TCS CU about both ABS and TCS. It (the ECU) will probably chuck a spaz. Hence needing to Nistune to sidestep the codes.

Bosch 040, Walbro 255, or anything newer, bigger and better able to take ethanol than those.

ahhhhh I get it. 

thanks heaps ??