SAU Community

r34 vs supra

Just going off my experience one of my kids has a na supra and there not overly quick but quicker than a na skyline, when working on the supra every thing just seems more difficult but might just be because we work on the skylines more often. I prefer my 34 any day his supra seems to be a bit jumpy on our roads which are fairly crappy and getting in and out of supras is an effort because you sit low in them and they've got a big step to get out of them, might be ok for the younger generation. Everything seems to cost more on a supra and harder to find. If it's power you want like gtsboy said chuck a bigger turbo, injectors and the rest of the stuff you need and you get a damn quick car. Supras do look good but.....

42 minutes ago, Blackend34 said:

Just going off my experience one of my kids has a na supra and there not overly quick but quicker than a na skyline, when working on the supra every thing just seems more difficult but might just be because we work on the skylines more often. I prefer my 34 any day his supra seems to be a bit jumpy on our roads which are fairly crappy and getting in and out of supras is an effort because you sit low in them and they've got a big step to get out of them, might be ok for the younger generation. Everything seems to cost more on a supra and harder to find. If it's power you want like gtsboy said chuck a bigger turbo, injectors and the rest of the stuff you need and you get a damn quick car. Supras do look good but.....

Hahaha. Thanks for the comments. I think i will just go 4 a r34 either na or gtt Then. I think just daily the car it won't have much problem.... Hopefully...

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

No. I was being quite serious. Nissans of the era are not terrible, but they have a large array of electrical problems. Toyotas, even Supras, are whitegoods with supreme reliability.

?oh rly. What kind of electrical Problem? I been thinking getting something else now. Since my pocket is not enough for fixing and tune....

2 minutes ago, Kure said:

?oh rly. What kind of electrical Problem? I been thinking getting something else now. Since my pocket is not enough for fixing and tune....

2 minutes ago, Kure said:

?o

You are looking at the wrong cars if reliability is your top concern

Commonwhore SS 6.0 are cheap, throw in a big cam-springs-pushrods, a zorst and some tuning.

Mad aircon lounge chair shopping trolley taxi NA skids.

Just don't go around any corners, and plan your fuel stops.

Or is this just floating around in my mind at the moment????

There's some deals to be had at the moment, prices are dropping everywhere.

Disclaimer: Thongs and Flanno's are required at these power levels.

• Like 1

this seems like a pretty silly thread bro buy what ever car floats your boat and if its to slow make it faster for yourself. legit twin turbo supras sell for a crazy dollar lots of guys scoop the na ones and single turbo them which makes them good to go with a rear lsd, and couple other parts. skylines are cool im sure your going to find lots of people that are gunna say the r34 you are on skyline australia....as far as reliability any cars only has good as its owner when your talking 25 year old cars... and the time and money your willing to put in to keeping in clean and well will determine the "reliability". gtsboy said it right these cars get in the wrong hands and get bunged up bad.