SAU Community

R34 gtt triple meter

Jasper34gtt

Hi all. I have a R34 gtt with non working oem triple gauges. I found the white connector connected to the triple gauge, but it only has 2 wires attached to it. (+ and gnd, so alternator gauge works)

I think some previous owner added it to the wireloom

Does anyone recognize the Grey connector? It's laying underneath the gauges, not connected. Does it maybe hold the wires to cut and connect for oil temp and turbo pressure gauge?

I know what pins the wires have to go to on the white connector, but I don't know which wires to use from the Grey one. 

Thank you! 

IMG_20200328_141911.jpg

IMG_20200328_141914_1.jpg

The oil temp is really the only one that does work well, but others work better, can have clearer/more resolution.. The boost gauge isn't really up to the task, and battery voltage is... probably not worth having a slot.

My car is N/A now (v8 life) and I have water temp, oil temp, and an AFR gauge there.

When it was turbo, I had Oil temp, boost, water temp. Back when it was Auto and Turbo I had 6 gauges, the 3 up top as well as AFR, Oil temp, and Transmission oil temp. Yes 3x oil temp sensors ?

But the main one is it will be easier to install aftermarket ones.

9 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

When it was turbo, I had Oil temp, boost, water temp. Back when it was Auto and Turbo I had 6 gauges, the 3 up top as well as AFR, Oil temp, and Transmission oil temp. Yes 3x oil temp sensors

I have an R32, so no triple gauge to start with. But in that location I have EGT pre-turbo, boost and oil temp. I consider those to be a sensible selection that will tell me most of what's going on. Could obviously add several others, but wouldn't want to make the car look F&F.

2 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I have an R32, so no triple gauge to start with. But in that location I have EGT pre-turbo, boost and oil temp. I consider those to be a sensible selection that will tell me most of what's going on. Could obviously add several others, but wouldn't want to make the car look F&F.

Now I have an ODB2 engine, I have a double din full android head unit, so I can run torque and show any gauges I want! ?

To the OP though, the point I was trying to make that in the future, they too will probably want different gauges/change the gauges there... so don't waste too much time getting the stock gauges working when most replace them anyway. Skip the middle man.