MLR's Bogan cruise ship

10 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

is it Covid safe?

image.png.da4b0b4b7d73d1b094b1d185bfcb1e03.png

LOL

I actually liked the look

Until.......

What has been seen cannot be unseen

Hopefully the police bike that watched me riding down the breakdown lane on the M5 yesterday cuts me some slack due to my bikes COVID-19 PPE compliance..

Oil cooler was a little tricky, but it is on and doesn't leak...yet....

Still don't have a temp gauge for it, I'm looking for a dip stick oil temp gauge.

The bike did get well hot in traffic though, air cooled bikes and traffic jams are not good bed fellows. 

Adds about 200ml to the system

In other news, my jacket is being held up by COVID "apparently", hopefully no #becauseCovidexcuse for my high stall

20200922_103729.jpg

20200922_103747.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for parts is tiresome...I need my high stall and I want it now... 

Today was a big cleaning day though, took the Mrs to Goulburn in the SS to lunch with the daughter last week and the car got smashed by bugs, then, the next day......I rode the bike to Goulburn to lunch with the  daughter, again......yeap, hitting a swarm of bugs at 110kph makes a mess of that Dart screen.

I'm really glad I got that screen, I was only wearing a light kevlar jacket and the bugs that hit my biceptacons stung like a bitch, I would hate to be taken them "in the face", the canola is in bloom and the bugs are thick as 10 thick things.

In other news I have officially stopped looking for a new car, I'm really enjoying driving the old Commonwhore, it's mad comfy, and lays mad skids.

20201004_190327.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Got a talking too because the cars exhaust was to loud today, it was for a breath test, the cop doing the test was called over and talked to by another older cop.

In the end they "recommended" that I quieten it down sooner rather than later

It was a fair call really, whilst it sounded good with a rear muffler delete, when I was on the loud pedal, it was really loud.

It was also a little droney on the Hwy especially with the 3.91 gears it would sit around 2.3k rpm doing a dollar ten, it didn't really bother me, but Jackie and the kids said the car was "boomy", and with a big road trip for me and Jackie planned for January, the more peaceful I can get the interior the less whinging will unfold.

So, the Pacemaker rear box is back on and now, the car is too quiet......

In other news, waiting for the new converter to turn up is painfull, I was told it could be 6 to 8 weeks, so far it has been 5.....

I drove my car today for the first time since... May? March? Something like that.

I cannot hear my exhaust. Opening or closing the Varex is a "Is this.. open or closed? I cannot tell" kind of deal.
So at least you can enjoy your exhaust and not.. a myriad of other sounds I am yet to figure out how to resolve. Maybe the Commo design is good for something after all!

• Haha 1

Gave the boat a minor service, whilst it was up on stands I had a good look underneath for any issues.

Only issue was the exhaust hangers were on their last legs, so I've got 4 new hangers coming via fleabay.

In other news: I hate people......today, some dick in a yellow car (there was no yellow car around, only the tell tale yellow paint left on my rear bar) reversed into the right rear and scratched the bumper, well, it scratched up the clear coat and needed alot of love with some polish and my little Ryobi 1 polishing machine.

That is the 3rd ding from a carpark, and it's not like I park close to the shops, typically I take it to the top floor and park as far away from any other car as I possibly can, muppets still manage to park so close next to me that it is a struggle to get in the car.

And don't get me started on women carrying massive handbags scratching away as they make their way between cars......stupid cows......

In non-rant related news: I also still need one more 15 x 7 chaser rim for some drag radials. Please can I has now

Marks wheels 4.5.

So, after alot of searching around I finally have a tray full of stocko rims

2 x 15 x 7 and 3 x 15 x 6

I'll drop them off at jaxs tomorrow to get stripped so I can then prep and paint them all stocko silver.

The 15 x 6 will get some 195/65 on them and the 15 x 7 will get some 26 x 9.5 15 Mickey Thompson ET street S/S.

By then my converter should have arrived and been installed and it will be time to see how the old girl finally goes.

I'm hoping for a very low 12 with the car in "full street trim".

Hence the 3rd 15 x 6 which will be the spare in the boot.

Fun times ahead.

20201028_180035.jpg

• Like 3

Whilst giving the car some love I gave the throttle body a good hard fingering......and found a little bit of oil, so, being a consumer, bored, and drunk, I ordered a SAAS baffled catch can.

It arrived yesterday so I got some intake cleaner, stuck the tube in nice and deep, and dumped a load of fluid up her, I then sprayed a load directly down her throat while she was purring away, I drop on loads until she gagged, then backed off and did it again, I also gave her PCV a big spray of fluid until I was dry to clean out that dirty hole.

Now that she was nice and clean like a good girl should be, I fitted up the catch can.

I will give it a check in 1k km and see if is actually doing anything, I've got some fuel foam to fit inside the baffles if required.

The can probably wasn't really needed, but as stated, I was bored, drunk, and on ebay, so there's that.

And yes, I have been drinking again

20201103_201039.jpg

.... is that can hooked up right?

The later LS have a PCV that come from just behind throttle blade, and one from the valley cover.
image.png.85dd5d99698e3fa007c9998294310ba2.png

This is literally the PCV hose system stock. Catch can is somewhere in the middle.

I was under the impression the 'earlier' LS1 is VT only.

Source: Pulled my intake apart many times chasing oil leaks.
Trust me when I say your catch can WILL have oil in it when hooked up correctly :P

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

.... is that can hooked up right?

The later LS have a PCV that come from just behind throttle blade, and one from the valley cover.
image.png.85dd5d99698e3fa007c9998294310ba2.png

This is literally the PCV hose system stock. Catch can is somewhere in the middle.

I was under the impression the 'earlier' LS1 is VT only.

Source: Pulled my intake apart many times chasing oil leaks.
Trust me when I say your catch can WILL have oil in it when hooked up correctly :P

Nah, she's all good, "apparently" LS's made after 2002 had the baffle from the valve cover.

How much oil are you making?

Pic of 99-02 PCV tube hose assembly 

s-l400-3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Yeah, the info I have is that ONLY the VT and VX Series 1 had the LS1 style. Yours is a VXII yeah?

(mine has the LS6 system)

Yeah mine is VXII, some VY parts bin stuff went into them I believe

Yes but your PCV system is ... the LS1 system. It should have the LS6 system. That's the thing, provided that VXII's really do have the LS6 system from the factory.

VY onwards obviously do. I'm suprised you have the LS1 system as it was suppppooosssed to be VT only, but then again the internet can be wrong!

12 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

When's the big single turbo going on?

https://www.spoolinboost.com.au/ls1turbokits

Not likely, the auto transmission would drop its showbags for one thing, there are lots of other reasons for not boosting as well.

I'm happy to keep the old girl NA and free from the inherent risks that boosting would give.

It is doing a steller job of being a fun old daily hack that loves long cruises and doing mad skids.

I was/am looking at maybe getting heads done and giving the compression a hit, I've just been googling at this stage, but I "should" be able to raise it to around 11:1, maybe...dunno

https://www.lsxperformanceparts.com.au/higgins-cnc-ported-cylinder-heads-ls1-241-castings/

Meh, in the end I will just give someone cash to do the heads, and someone else money to install and tune.

That should give me a decent (for NA) bump, and not be to horrible for the old slush 

I really need to find a spare set of heads first.

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

Yes but your PCV system is ... the LS1 system. It should have the LS6 system. That's the thing, provided that VXII's really do have the LS6 system from the factory.

VY onwards obviously do. I'm suprised you have the LS1 system as it was suppppooosssed to be VT only, but then again the internet can be wrong!

The only difference between VX and VXII is a rear suspension link arm (VY), adjustable toe, and a blinker stalk(VY).

After sleeping on it I decided that, IOT empy the can I would need to remove it IOT get the required clearance needed to unscrew the base, I concluded that would suck balls to do on a regular basis.

So, as the can had a fitting on the bottom I went on the googles to try and find a nipple to fit the thread, some hose, and a pet cock.

Wouldn't you know it, SAAS makes one but it isn't supplied in the kit I purchased.

Enter Supercheapautos, $25 later and bam  problem solved.

I could have done it a little cheaper by getting the parts separately, but, give me convenience or give me death.

And yes, the car if filthy and is in dire need of a good wash.

And the weeping trans cooler line will be addressed when I get the trans cooler, when the new torque converter finally shows up, hopefully next week damn it....

20201104_163400.jpg

20201104_163247.jpg

20201104_162940.jpg

• Like 1