SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

Years ago I had figured out and written down how much a spacer at the front or back raises the car. But can't find that info.

I THINK it was 8mm at back raises 12 and 10mm at front raises 12. Near enough.

According to Whiteline

Rear: 6mm spacer = 10mm height

Front: 6mm spacer = 12

Mine has 1 x 10mm in the rear, so and additional 5mm(ish), which roughly equates to a 8-9mm lift, which the tape measure confirms, before 360mm, now just under 370mm

• Like 1

On 31/07/2021 at 8:00 PM, Duncan said:

Mark, I love your total lack of self-control when it comes to cars.

Yeah, it's a real thing 

But isn't that what hobbies are for

Rattle can time

Preped and painted the under side of the scoop with some satin black, so far so good

As I'm the only one in the office at the moment, hell I'm the only one in the building, I was able to set the aircon to 25° to get the temp up for painting

Tomorrow should see the topside coated, the Septone satin black rattle cans are spraying nice and clean, well so far anyway

In the end, it only needs to be a rough job......so I'll do my best....

Hopefully the office doesn't still smell like a paint shop after lockdown, once painting and curing time is done I'll open up some windows and throw some Nil-odour around ...... maybe.....meh....fark'it....I love the smell of spray paint in the morning

20210802_195754.thumb.jpg.063342bc089b5dd7d92080c1f3b90b7a.jpg

• Like 1

Top coat was average, meh, it will get professionally done once lockdown is done.

20210804_222224.thumb.jpg.a28ee174b839909b0a7557893f9635a5.jpg

I've laid some tape down on the bonnet and measured up all the points that are getting the scoop fixtures and spots for the holes, tomorrow is crunch day involving drills and hole saws

If I screw the pooch a used bonnet is only $100 and a new bonnet is only $200

#farkenjustsendit

On 05/08/2021 at 7:35 AM, Duncan said:

rattle can scoop is totally in keeping with the style of the car, I'd just go for it.

Dunc, I'm hurt, I consider myself more of a middle to upper class bogan

In other news, hows it in your neck of the woods, my daughter is in Braidwood and I haven't seen her for going on 2 months now, which is shit..  

On 8/4/2021 at 9:59 PM, mlr said:

Top coat was average, meh, it will get professionally done once lockdown is done.

20210804_222224.thumb.jpg.a28ee174b839909b0a7557893f9635a5.jpg

I've laid some tape down on the bonnet and measured up all the points that are getting the scoop fixtures and spots for the holes, tomorrow is crunch day involving drills and hole saws

If I screw the pooch a used bonnet is only $100 and a new bonnet is only $200

#farkenjustsendit

Don't buy a new non genuine bonnet. They are completely shit.

• Thanks 1

Chop chop

It has my black Harley touch up paint on the drill and holesaws.....holes.....and some pinch weld, so it is "all of the bogan"

Makes me smile

20210805_133205.thumb.jpg.d69d8a4fcceed8a27260d20632cde81b.jpg20210805_134159.thumb.jpg.cbb097c966838dd874c4830c8e68413b.jpg20210805_134434.thumb.jpg.d80c9e9565bd5f8bc43833ec67ee7dda.jpg

Waiting for a real matching paint jobbie 

I'll cut some laps at work later and see if it is a inny or outy air flow for under the scoop

Time for some salmon and cheese toasties

• Like 2

Yeah mate we're going OK, no lockdown here and even if there was it is pretty much the same as normal life anyway

After all, we only go to town about twice a year to buy a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line.

Hope everyone else is dealing OK with everything, no sign of this getting under control from where I sit

Yes. Gold standard for OG COVID-19 turns out to simply be not good enough for Delta. Given the civil disobedience quotient of Sydney appears to be even worse than the more bogan infested parts of SEQLD, just plain dumb luck does seem to cover it for last year.

Too many households in SW Syd full of people with inherent distrust of any government, coupled with many illegal visa overstayers causing unwillingness to expose households to inspection by any level of authority, etc etc = recipe for Delta strain explosion.

The cases that make the news, like the 3 (different!!) sets of removealists doing the wrong thing, and in some cases not having enough English to make it believable that they're able to drive around the country unsupervised, the stupid hotel room and beach parties etc etc, all make me glad to live where I do.

I was in several Teams meetings with clients and suppliers from QLD, VIC and NSW during the week. In all of them it was brought up by the other parties that we were in SA and how lucky we were. I made quips like "yeah, we're in the promised land" and in all cases There were pained grimaces from the other end.

I suspect it Gladys B hadn't spent the last 18 months climing up Morrison's arse crack, maybe the eastern states wouldn't be in quite the shitstorm that they're in now. Oh well, you live and learn, right? Or maybe you don't. We're yet to see.

WA and SA may also have been lucky. But then, luck is usually associated with other good things too. Our lockdown approaches are basically "take no prisoners" and so they only have to last a week.

Bored at work, again, so hole saws are a go go.....again

I've been looking for a better intake cover solution for the bike

Prior to getting the bike tuned I had the OEM one jerry rigged over the larger filter with the rear section removed, this gave it enough air but it was shiny chrome and hit my right knee when I was throwing the big girl around in corners 

Then I got this black pot style, which needed to be spaced out 20mm so there was somewhere for the air to get in

Then I bought holes saws and had some wrinkle black laying around, so in went 8 x 44mm holes and on went some wrinkle

And with more luck than good planning, the wrinkle paint on the intake cover perfectly matches the wrinkle black on the engine, I just need to get some mesh shtuff to stop bugs and leaves

20210811_163810.thumb.jpg.3e2d043b2d1da4d3da6dcb8c80a3c986.jpg

So far so good, and most importantly, the induction sounds boss at full noise down the back road at work

I could have bought one for a "couple of hundred #becauseharley", but this ended up costing $30

• Like 1

Idle hands are "eBay's" plaything 

Found a intake cover from a electraglide limited, why, after the chop chop with the holesaw I did some "finking" and worked out that if the bike is caught in the rain it will have a free water injection mod....which isn't good, especially if it's parked up and drains into the TB

So.....with the electraglide cover and using a nylon washer I can spin it around in the rain

1278495045__12.jpeg.thumb.jpg.2d453e6bf2d02d89fdd6e90de8aa37ec.jpgs-l400.thumb.jpg.137a3cb3f67cb16b3178c2e0394456cb.jpg

It isn't carbon fibre, it's just some plastic coating that will get stripped, and painted wrinkle black to match the engine

I aslo purchased a fumoto drain valve for the LS, last time I changed the oil I ended up overfilling the oil by 1 ltr, trying to drain out only 1 ltr ened up in a oily mess, on me and the ground, I really should of got one of these for the old girl earlier, I've had one on most of my cars since the Skyline and it makes servicing so much easier when you can drain straight into a old oil container

1634205167__57.thumb.jpeg.8de2cfd24393c47c6fa5942450b14317.jpeg

I got the adapter as well, I'm not sure if I'll need it, but the sump plug is slightly recessed and google says "I do need it" and "I don't need it"...meh

Trunnion bushings are in

Old bushings had alot of sideways movement and fell apart when removed 

Engine is much quiter now

Dropped of the car at my local smash repairs on Monday,  getting the bonnet and scoop colour matched, hopefully get it tomorrow or Friday

Funny how it hasn't rained for ages, then when the car is in the shop and I'm on the bike it pisses down

I'm now looking at an old Land Cruiser or Patrol wagon to start a bush pig project with, my budget of SFA is limiting my choices at the moment 

Maaaaaad

Paint match is spot on

I'm loving the old school muscle car look, it even has the Mrs tick of approval, well she said it looked nice and shiny, which I'm classing as full approval 

20210831_154529.jpg

20210831_154522.jpg

In other, not really needed mod news:

I'm getting some 1 7/8" 4 into 1 headers with ceramic coating, I was contemplating pulling my existing 4:2:1 headers and getting them coated, or wrapped because they look shite, but as they are 10 year old mild steel I came to the conclusion that it would be better to just get some new headers with  internal and external ceramic coat, and get a shop to fit because #carntbefarkeddoingitmyself

I went 1 7/8" because the small loss of torque down low from them isn't really a problem when it's making 950nm at 2500rpm

Damn it Dunc, you beat my editing.....lol

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 4:55 PM, Duncan said:

I'm not one to ask for burnout vids, but you could at least put steelies on the back to complete the look

I've got the 15x7 chasers all ready, just need some 255/60 15 drag radials, and WSID or the roll racing to open up again, I'm not buying the tyres unless I can wear them out straight away

I AM THE BOGAN KING 🤣