SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Lol what Commo in this universe has AD08R? More like Pace, Triangle, Coopers, Nexens on them.

Wednesday Inspo 

SmartSelect_20200408-072031_Instagram.jpg.c8abaa540f4cc80382351b082aaaa561.jpg

I didn't realize it till I saw it and it is now my dream car !

Forget the Aston Martin Vulcan I've been saving for ( for the next 300 life times ) I can have this beauty NOW ! ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Lol what Commo in this universe has AD08R? More like Pace, Triangle, Coopers, Nexens on them.

Wednesday Inspo 

My favorite bit is it is parked in a disabled spot

New FE2 height springs and shocks are in.

20200411_162113.thumb.jpg.306e3f6ddae088b5f7ce2be3e957ba35.jpg

Raised the car about 30mm.

Rear now is 360mm, front 370mm.

All set for some Dukes of Hazard shit.

One of the old Sachs dampers on the back was shot.

Car drives nice and straight on the throttle and on the brakes.

I had a rough go at getting the alignment sorted, it is pretty close, but will see JAX at Liverpool soon.

I've got some camber bushings, some rear subframe bushings and a diff insert coming (next week), I'll get the alignment done after sticking them in.

Also flushed the power steering.

It's a super comfortable, virus free, old bogan cruise ship.

Things that I'm planning on outsourcing:

1. Trans service with Transgo HD2 shift kit (service because it is due, shift kit for the LOLS).

2. Dyno time and tweek for 98 if required.

3. Auto elec to sort out cruise control, I've checked fuses, unpluged and replugged everything, I'm tapping out and sending it off to a professional.

The thing is running pretty hard and nice and smooth, sounds the business on full throttle, looking forward to getting the shift kit in.

STRAYA, f**k YEAH

Edit: Check out the racing spec tow ball, #becausebogancruiseshipf**kyeah

• Like 1

On 08/04/2020 at 7:22 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wednesday Inspo 

This car looks even more amazing in real life. I was recently staying in a motel in Bendigo on my way back from Adelaide where this car was in the car park next to my Cima. I was just about to take some pictures of it when the owner came out and I was too embarrassed and put my phone back in my pocket. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Victory said:

This car looks even more amazing in real life. I was recently staying in a motel in Bendigo on my way back from Adelaide where this car was in the car park next to my Cima. I was just about to take some pictures of it when the owner came out and I was too embarrassed and put my phone back in my pocket. 

Whoa. I assumed it was a photoshop

Finally removed the roof "antenna", 15 seconds with some fishing line, 30 minutes cleaning off the crap, then some polish and wax.

Why..becauae people are f**king idiots...20200414_190411.thumb.jpg.9471c2655755cdc3ec2c47c7ef17aff0.jpg

Transgo stage 2 shift kit is in and the transmission serviced.

The shift kit was worth every cent, on the gas the shifts are quick, real quick, spins second and chirps 3rd (tyres are 265/30 19 Achilles, so that might have something to do with it having no grip). 

The car is booked into Pulse next week for a look at the tune, not that I can tell that anything is wrong, the old girl goes good.

• Like 2

Swapped the fuel filter today.

Pulled fuel pump relay thing - check

Ran the car till it stalled - check

Did it some more until the car wouldn't start - check

Unclipped the fuel line from the filter out - check

Small amount of fuel came out - check

Unclipped the fuel line in - check

Proceeded to get covered in fuel - check

About 100ml of fuel went up my nose, in my ear and all down the side of my face.

It also managed to miss the oil pan I had under it.

Everytime I do a fuel filter I manage to make a mess.

Car is all ready for Pulse to check the tune on Thursday.

In other news: My adjustable camber bushings arrived, I am still waiting on the delivery of the subframe bushings though.

Once they arrive I will send the car to JAX for an alignment.

If anyone wants the Simmons rims, 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5 I'm open to swaps for mint VX SS 17 x 8 rims. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mlr said:

Unclipped the fuel line in - check

Proceeded to get covered in fuel - check

About 100ml of fuel went up my nose, in my ear and all down the side of my face.

It also managed to miss the oil pan I had under it.

Everytime I do a fuel filter I manage to make a mess.

Are you even doing it right if you don't get covered in fuel?

Be interesting to see how it goes on the dyno before & after. Whats it making atm, 210-230kw?

18 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Are you even doing it right if you don't get covered in fuel?

Be interesting to see how it goes on the dyno before & after. Whats it making atm, 210-230kw?

I'm guessing it's around there.

Possibly nearer to 210 because it's a auto? Maybe?

Thursday will reveal all.

15 minutes ago, CEF33Y said:

Have you checked the switch on the brake pedal re. your cruise control issues? mine was out of adjustment, allowing the cruise to turn on, but not actually activate, i.e, hold a speed

The light on the dash doesn't turn on, I'm thinking it is a fault code or the button/switch/plug on the blinker stalk.

I do have a MAF fault code, because of MAFLESS tune, I'm not doing anything until Pulse has a look and see if they can permanently remove the fault code.

Hopefully that fixes the issue, next would be replace the stalk.

I had a vt2 ss manual many many moons ago. Had pacemaker tri y headers, dual 2.5 inch exhaust, gts 300 intake pipe with modded airbox, exedy clutch and maffless tune. Made 218rwkw on a dyno dynamics dyno on 95 ron fuel. Went very well.

Interested to see what this does, 210-220 sounds about right.

I think it's more there's nothing to actually work on unless you're literally an engine builder or an exhaust fabricator. And of course, if you are an engine builder then you'd no doubt have fun working on that N/A lyf to extract more powers from it.