SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

59 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

I'm gonna say 205rwkw

That's probably more realistic, my butt dyno has been calibrated using American specifications.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Head on over to ls1tech.com they have an entire forum dedicated to dyno guesses and bench racing.

The real answer is "What mph does it trap?"

so... go do that obviously

Yeah, that's the plan.

Need better tyres than the Achilles that are currently on it though.

Whilst mashing the pedal and doing mad skids is fun, having some form of traction would be preferable.

Currently the thing spins at the drop of a hat.

In saying that it hasn't had a wheel alignment yet, so there's that, the tyres seem to using all the tread though.

Meh

In other news, I'm loving your build thread, I'm looking forward to seeing how your engine goes.

• Like 1

My engine is all up and running! This is why I said 250kw (maybe less due to auto lyf, 230?). If you DO decide to put a cam in, make sure that you get a cam that doesn't get max lift beyond what the heads will flow.

Thats effectively my current issue with my motor, the cam gets .600 or so lift, and has a ton of duration, but the LS1 heads (mine are OEM, just skimmed for more compression) make their max flow at something like the below

image.png.08facc8a14b51faf000ef045b8d5f2d2.png

As you can see, it tapers off pretty bad, so bigger cams just trade low down power for higher up power, but the heads can't supply them, the cam can have as much duration and as high lift as you want, but there's very little benefit, unless you really work the heads/intake to actually get air into them.

Which you can do... but it's well worth having the information and a plan beforehand before $ gets spent.

• Thanks 1

In other, non-witchcraft related news...I have some Hankook Ventus S1 EVO 3 tyres getting fitted tomorrow.

245/35 19 and 275/30 19, should grip better than the current Achilles rubbish.

26 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

4 speed autos I don't think lock in the commodores...?

they do in 4th. When tuning with HPtuners need to "activate" lock up but can have trouble staying in lock up mode on a chassis dyno.
Good result from a"standard" ls1. So when is blower being ordered?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

4 speed autos I don't think lock in the commodores...?

Definitely lock. You can command them to lock using hp tuners. Force it to stay in 3rd and lock converter is what I and others I know do, but Wether  that's normal who knows.....

• Like 1