• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Hi all,

I need to get my fuel level signal into my Haltech ECU and I wanted to get some ideas before I pulled my dash apart. 

Is this going to be as simple as, a signal wire will run into the stock fuel level gauge and for example, full is 5 volts empty is 1 volt etc. Then I can create a rough table checking the volts as the fuel levels change. 

The Haltech IC7 dash now has support for odometer and fuel level so I'm keen to bin the stock dash and just run this with a sexy 3D printed dash cluster. 

• Thanks 1

Your plan is valid.

But, be careful about binning the dash. A number of things rely on the speedo generating the speed signal. You'll need workarounds for any of those that are still functioning on the car. You also need the charge light function. Maybe there's a couple of other things too.

You need to check the resistance of the sender at full and empty to calibrate the gauge, I haven't checked how the IC7 does that yet. If it needs to be an ECU input you just plug the values into the fuel level calibration in the haltech.

R32 GTR values are in the workshop manual from memory.

Multimeter behind the dash, check resistance at different levels, create that table in Kebabtech and fully sick kebabs!

I feel that the curve might not be linear, so you would need to map out 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, full and linearise the rest.

I had this cracked dream too, but now might just strip the car.

Sounds good. Fingers crossed it's only the charge light that I need to retain. 

i need to alter the values in my haltech as it reads 80 when full and 35-40 when sort of empty - dont actually know how empty it is as the only dash i have is the IQ3. going to 3d print a nice cluster for it myself when i can be arsed to draw one up. 

Did you get this sorted with the level readings ? Was thinking about doing this too in the Haltech on the current 32 build. The resistance values to work off are 90 - 0 ohms with the Nissans. In a 32 GTR they are actually 6 at full and 80 for empty. The values are linear.

• Like 2

I haven't gotten around to it yet but I'll play with those numbers when I do and see if it's the same for 33 gtst.