SAU Community

Getting fuel level signal into the ECU

7 hours ago, R324u said:

I was able to make some progress on it  last night by doing this just saw your post., I had to set the dash to default, what car are you using this on an r32?  I’m using pin 21/ 30 for the ground but those wire colors  you mentioned don’t match up to what I have so I’m guessing you have a diff chassis 

Yes those wire colors are specific to the R33

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys im trying to get my fuel level to work also on my haltech ic7 dash. I have an r34 4 door and im using pin 6 as signal and pin 55 as ground but im not getting any voltage value with a multimeter. I currently have 1/4 tank  and testing them two wires at the tank plug or at the dash i get the same reading (shows 0.01v this doesnt seem right). Can any one shed any light on this. Ive setup the dash on avi 1 and calibrated to 0 to 90 ohms, factory is ment to be 6 full 80 empty attached is a pinout for an r34 4 door for any one else chasing a diagram pin out. Am i missing a step or not testing the right wires??? Thanks guys

16063764294323366638582026428075.jpg

16063764548044275523366270223400.jpg

UPDATE

So i should have mentioned im fully replacing my dash with a haltech ic7 display so my factory dash was not plugged in 

Once i plug the original dash in im getting voltage output there.

Fuel light came on and i was getting a fluctuating voltage of 1.0v to 0.9 volts fuel light just came one.

Filled up voltage now reads fluctuating 0.15 to 0.10 volt liters filled to this point was 51 liters so im lead to belive these sedans have a 60L tank so i know zero on my haltech ill have approx 10L left.

My question is if i unplug the dash will i still get a reading now or am i missing a wire to join in the harness iim lead to belive no 

Edited by 26GTT

5 hours ago, 26GTT said:

Hey guys im trying to get my fuel level to work also on my haltech ic7 dash. I have an r34 4 door and im using pin 6 as signal and pin 55 as ground but im not getting any voltage value with a multimeter. I currently have 1/4 tank  and testing them two wires at the tank plug or at the dash i get the same reading (shows 0.01v this doesnt seem right). Can any one shed any light on this. Ive setup the dash on avi 1 and calibrated to 0 to 90 ohms, factory is ment to be 6 full 80 empty attached is a pinout for an r34 4 door for any one else chasing a diagram pin out. Am i missing a step or not testing the right wires??? Thanks guys

16063764294323366638582026428075.jpg

16063764548044275523366270223400.jpg

Far as the fuel reading it looks like you should be using pin 7 and 55

Thanks for the reply  mate, sorry thats a typo i am using pin 7.  So last night i tinkered with it a little more, with the factory r34 dash plugged in you get a voltage value but once you unplug the dash you loose these voltage values. 

49 minutes ago, 26GTT said:

Thanks for the reply  mate, sorry thats a typo i am using pin 7.  So last night i tinkered with it a little more, with the factory r34 dash plugged in you get a voltage value but once you unplug the dash you loose these voltage values. 

Are the wire colors from the fuel tank match the wires colors of pin 7/55?

ANOTHER UPDATE

So i now have it working and reading off the haltech dash 😄😄😄😄😄

But i still have a slight problem, im actually replacing my factory dash with the haltech unit. The 2 sender wires only have voltage when the factory dash is plugged in.

Both factory dash and haltech work and read correct but as soon as the factory dash is unplugged you loose the fuel level on the haltech??? Any ideas guys. 

4 hours ago, 26GTT said:

the signal wire is yes (purple pin 7) but the ground wire is (black pin 55) at the tank and black white at the cluster

Only solution i have is find where the black wire ends in the cluster area and splice off it /  splice and run a wire from the tank to the cluster  / buy the fuel sender conditioner

• 3 weeks later...

On a seperate note. Has anyone got flex fuel percentage to show correctly on the dash?

In the haltech I can see "flex fuel" and it shows the right ethanol percentage when I check it with a laptop. So my flex tune seems to be working (currently 48%).

However on the dash I choose "fuel composition" and it just displays 85%, never changes, seems super random.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2020 at 12:35 PM, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

I wired mine up about an hr ago and it worked..

The the red/gray wire for signal (i used pin 18

The teal wire is the ground for pin 30

Make sure to select the correct channel for the AVI you used. And use 90-0 ohm

The you select the spot on your dash for the fuel level choose the AVI, not fuel level.

You still are required to adjust the voltage. 

So just confirming grey/red c29 wire to avi pin of my choice for signal and the light green/ silver wire c32 to earth input 30. Is this all you need to wire in for the fuel gauge to register? 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:06 AM, AndrewPick said:

So just confirming grey/red c29 wire to avi pin of my choice for signal and the light green/ silver wire c32 to earth input 30. Is this all you need to wire in for the fuel gauge to register? 

Yes that correct. Sorry for the late reply

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 26GTT said:

So for my r34 sedan

Full is 0.2v

3/4 0.6v

1/2 1.0v

Fuel light 1.6v

This is using a haltech fuel conditioner in line to my ic7 as i found it helped the gauge be less erratic 

did you use the pull up at all? and whats your filter level?