SAU Community

Getting fuel level signal into the ECU

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, stellarimports said:

What were your voltage readings for empty and full? I am about to set this up with my powertune dash and platinum pro in my R33.

Check the previous page for the readings I had. I thought they seemed low but the other members had similar readings.

I used those and everything seemed fine, then some reason they weren't.

After a day the senders reading were 0 (on both the OEM and Haltech conditioner) from what I personally got from pulling the sender.

I went back to the voltage numbers from the how to write-up article and the level read numbers and close to the level I had which was nearly full.

From memory the article number were 0.27 full/1.31 half/2.53 empty.

I was pissed cause all the work to pull that sender out and get the reading and it didn't work as planned for me. I cleaned the sender rail and everything. Idk why it reverted to the higher readings.

So I'd say to u, use both sets of reading and see what works for u.

To add I think the haltech sender died. Maybe got fuel in it. I will check to see if it works again after my work trip, but the oem seems to work better imo.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Im having an issue with the fuel level on my IC-7 too.

I go into input calibration and try to input a range of values say for example 2.4v empty and 0 volts full. i then click apply and it automatically changes these values to 0.924v empty and 0.16 volts full. 

It also wont let me disable the pullup resistor either. i tried disabling just to see if it made a difference. 

I filled my tank up to the brim and ive done about 120km's and my tank still says 100% full. so either my car is now the most fuel efficient car in the world or theres something wrong.

I'm using AVI input 1 sensor pin 18 with the 90-0 ohm fuel sensor channel.

Anyone have any ideas?

Car is an R32 GTS-T with a hlatech elite 2500 ECU - which shouldnt really make any difference i dont believe

Edited by DaymoR32

2 hours ago, DaymoR32 said:

Hey guys,

Im having an issue with the fuel level on my IC-7 too.

I go into input calibration and try to input a range of values say for example 2.4v empty and 0 volts full. i then click apply and it automatically changes these values to 0.924v empty and 0.16 volts full. 

It also wont let me disable the pullup resistor either. i tried disabling just to see if it made a difference. 

I filled my tank up to the brim and ive done about 120km's and my tank still says 100% full. so either my car is now the most fuel efficient car in the world or theres something wrong.

I'm using AVI input 1 sensor pin 18 with the 90-0 ohm fuel sensor channel.

Anyone have any ideas?

Car is an R32 GTS-T with a hlatech elite 2500 ECU - which shouldnt really make any difference i dont believe

I have a Plat Pro. i didnt have issues it any auto correction of the values or the resistor button being locked out

19 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

I have a Plat Pro. i didnt have issues it any auto correction of the values or the resistor button being locked out

the resistor button isnt locked out so to speak. i just change it on the drop down to "disabled" then click apply and its enabled again if that makes sense

23 hours ago, DaymoR32 said:

the resistor button isnt locked out so to speak. i just change it on the drop down to "disabled" then click apply and its enabled again if that makes sense

So now I'm having the same issue as you. My sender stopped reading the other day as the full value changed. It doesn't set when pressing apply

I dont know why. I just did it out the blue

25 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

So now I'm having the same issue as you. My sender stopped reading the other day as the full value changed. It doesn't set when pressing apply

I dont know why. I just did it out the blue

so is yours saying 100% full aswell? what voltage values have you used for full and empty? and did you put more than 2 columns worth of data in?

I've tried having 2 columns. i.e 2.4v - 0% & 0v - 100%

Then ive also tried 6-7 colums with 0, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% etc

It still reverts back to two columns and random values when i click apply

1 minute ago, DaymoR32 said:

so is yours saying 100% full aswell? what voltage values have you used for full and empty? and did you put more than 2 columns worth of data in?

I've tried having 2 columns. i.e 2.4v - 0% & 0v - 100%

Then ive also tried 6-7 colums with 0, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% etc

It still reverts back to two columns and random values when i click apply

Full was 0.27 / half 1.31 / E 2.53

Just full changed.

I kinda fixed it. So I have a haltech fuel sender conditioner still wired. I think it died from getting gas in it from pulling the sender, but I had it wired up still. I pulled the power wire off for it which seemed to have made the OEM sender signal stick to full. Once I put the power from the conditioner to the battery, It started reading 15gals.

However the ICC software still reads 0.01 and revert while trying to change 

3 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

Full was 0.27 / half 1.31 / E 2.53

Just full changed.

I kinda fixed it. So I have a haltech fuel sender conditioner still wired. I think it died from getting gas in it from pulling the sender, but I had it wired up still. I pulled the power wire off for it which seemed to have made the OEM sender signal stick to full. Once I put the power from the conditioner to the battery, It started reading 15gals.

However the ICC software still reads 0.01 and revert while trying to change 

hmmm, i dont have a haltech fuel sender conditioner in mine. im just taking it straight from the fuel level wire that went to the original dash.

I originally had the fuel going into pin 21 as per the wiring diagram but that just didnt work at all and could not be calibrated for some reason. theres sesor and diagnostic for each avi input apar from on avi 4.

I really dont understand why its not working when it worked fine on the Racepak IQ3

Just now, DaymoR32 said:

hmmm, i dont have a haltech fuel sender conditioner in mine. im just taking it straight from the fuel level wire that went to the original dash.

I originally had the fuel going into pin 21 as per the wiring diagram but that just didnt work at all and could not be calibrated for some reason. theres sesor and diagnostic for each avi input apar from on avi 4.

I really dont understand why its not working when it worked fine on the Racepak IQ3

Mine is set to pin 18. Mine worked fine as well. Idl what to make of it.

This calls for an email to Haltech

3 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

Mine is set to pin 18. Mine worked fine as well. Idl what to make of it.

This calls for an email to Haltech

one more thing that i havent tried, is modifying the dash when its not plugged in. basically load your layout from the dash > unplug > change settings > plug dash back in > send to dash.

Maybe that will work....

1 minute ago, DaymoR32 said:

one more thing that i havent tried, is modifying the dash when its not plugged in. basically load your layout from the dash > unplug > change settings > plug dash back in > send to dash.

Maybe that will work....

I tried that too.

Even loaded my old file from January. Still reverts. And I just updated the firmware today so i know it wasn't that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

I tried that too.

Even loaded my old file from January. Still reverts. And I just updated the firmware today so i know it wasn't that

..... It may be the new software update.

I loaded the new update on my laptop a week or two ago. I didn't use it til today. Tryna change it offline with my old file and it's not saving settings.

I'm emailing Haltech now.

9 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

..... It may be the new software update.

I loaded the new update on my laptop a week or two ago. I didn't use it til today. Tryna change it offline with my old file and it's not saving settings.

I'm emailing Haltech now.

thats another possibilty as ive only used the latest haltech software!