SAU Community

Biggest Rotor/Caliper for Te37's

Hi guys,

I'm pricing up a Alcon 6 piston 378mm kit. They wont fit my current wheels, and my plan is to get 18 inch TE37's.

Question I have is:

* What's a good offset for a 18 inch TE37 on an R32 GTR?
* Will the brakes fit? I guess that depends on the offset!
*What's the biggest brakes you can run on a set of 18 inch TE37's? What offset?
* Is there anyone that runs TE37's on their's? I have a template that I was given if anyone would be kind enough to print off and measure?? (Attached)

Thanks.

CAR97.378BL.R32.33-skyline.pdf

What width rim are you looking at?

+22mm on a 9.5 inch rim gives you maximum flexibility - particularly if you run ~+6 degrees of castor - any higher offset will give issues with clearance on the leading edge of the tyre against the guard liner in the front bumper when turning anywhere near full lock. 

At least that's what I've found with mine when running 3.5 neg camber and 6 degrees of castor.

I was thinking 9.5+? I currently run Nitto 265/35/18's, so ideally I'd like them to be a comfy fit. Maybe 10 ideally. I should mention my cars rideheight's 355mm both front and back(Dont like overly lowered).

Are you running 6 deg's of castor?

It was set up for track days but it's a road car - Doesn't get driven much more than 2,000 k's a year though. It has rose jointed castor rods though, so it will eventially eat it's front inside tread.

22 hours ago, BBGTR said:

What width rim are you looking at?

+22mm on a 9.5 inch rim gives you maximum flexibility - particularly if you run ~+6 degrees of castor - any higher offset will give issues with clearance on the leading edge of the tyre against the guard liner in the front bumper when turning anywhere near full lock. 

At least that's what I've found with mine when running 3.5 neg camber and 6 degrees of castor.

What rims and brakes do you have?

• 4 weeks later...