SAU Community

Clutch recommendations

Today I was on the dyno with new maf and injectors installed and right at the 280hp mark the clutch started slipping. I’m pretty sure it’s the oem clutch in my car. My question is, what’s a strong clutch with oem feel to it forbmy rb20 transmission? I found a stage one from spec found here. https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/spec-stage-1-clutch-for-rb20-rb25.html also does anyone know the name of the hose that comes off the upper manifold to the idle air control valve? It has a bend in it. When we were taking off the throttle body today the end of the hose cracked and fell apart so I’m also looking for a replacement one of those too. 

Well, in that case, a few truths apply;

1. Buying expensive Jap brand name clutches for low power RB20s doesn't make sense.
  2. Most people on SAU are in Australia, therefor most of us would recommend an Extreme or NPC or one of several other local clutch assemblers. These are all Australian businesses, so it would make no sense to recommend one of them to you.

Therefore you are reduced to waiting for someone in the US to make a similar recommendation on a clutch supplier in the states that they trust to build good clutches for Jap cars......or you widen your search parameters (away from Skyline specific info sources) and just look at who recommends what shops in the US for similar applications.