SAU Community

2012 Rogue Problem - No RPM increase in drive/reverse/neutral when gas pedal is pushed, fine in park.

I start the car. Push the brake, shift to drive. Push the pedal. It goes forward slightly but then goes back to idle rpm. Flooring the pedal lets me get to ~1500rpm, maybe 2k if I trick it into it, but never move forward again.

Same happens for reverse. It even happens if I start it in neutral and just try to rev it, no increase in power.

This happened after I changed the oil. It's at dead center between H and L on the dip stick (the oil that came out exactly filled the jugs the new stuff came from). I also cleaned the air filter and topped off brake fluid.

41 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

CVT f**ked. No internet diagnosis beyond that possible.

Which pretty much means car f**ked

What did you do exactly to change the oil? And what oil?

4 hours ago, FrankCade said:

This happened after I changed the oil. It's at dead center between H and L on the dip stick

If you mean the trans oil, oil level is checked with engine running and auto in park or neutral, if you filled the same amount that came out and its low, its been low for a loooooong time.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:24 PM, FrankCade said:

I start the car. Push the brake, shift to drive. Push the pedal. It goes forward slightly but then goes back to idle rpm. Flooring the pedal lets me get to ~1500rpm, maybe 2k if I trick it into it, but never move forward again.

Same happens for reverse. It even happens if I start it in neutral and just try to rev it, no increase in power.

This happened after I changed the oil. It's at dead center between H and L on the dip stick (the oil that came out exactly filled the jugs the new stuff came from). I also cleaned the air filter and topped off brake fluid.appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

If you mean the trans oil, oil level is checked with engine running and auto in park or neutral, if you filled the same amount that came out and its low, its been low for a loooooong time.

• 7 months later...

I had the same thing happen to me last year on my 2010 rogue. It was the TB. That being said I had a check engine pop up though instantly. I could barely rev above idle and I had zero power. I turned it off/on a couple times and it went away and never came back.

If ever it's your CVT, our transmission warranties were extended to 10 years over here in Canada(Presumably worldwide) as Nissan was aware of issues. Mine was fine but I had it replaced last year before the warranty ran out... I just made shit up about it making noise on the highway and It was replaced 2-3 days later. 

Cheers. 

Edited by TurboTapin