SAU Community

R34 nismo combo-meter gauge

Hi everyone!

Let's begin, i have a R34 GTT, i am a french people and if i sign in here its because i need help so i hope i can find it here, or if you can redirect me to the right place,(its very difficult to find the right forum when you are a stranger lol).

So i will explain my problem. i just bought 4 months ago a nissan skyline 34 GTT directly from japan. The Japanese seller that sold me the car gave me in the same time the nismo COMBINATION METER GAUGE . this one (mini_20040711500984615.jpg)

However, my skyline has an automatic transmission (converted manuel but originaly a AT). And when I tried to install it in place of the original, it didn't work.

So i just saw on manywebsite that is for manual R34 GTT but i'm sure that is possible, i saw many video on internet (R34 GTT AT with the nismo gauge).

Please, pretty please can you help me?? Or Do you know some  sites, forums or  people who have already installed it on an automatic skyline R34?

I really need help, and unfortunatly nobody can help me in my country (France)....they suck.... and i dont speak japenese.... So i am desperately trying to find someone who can help me.

Thank you for reading and waiting i hope for a reply.

(Sorry for my bad english too)

Edited by zack777

I've installed the Nismo meter in my 98 GTT that was converted from AT to MT. There was nothing to do but removing the old one and replace it with the nismo one. ECU was the stock AT one. So maye you forgot to plug in some connector or did not put it in completely?

It's likely the only difference between them is a couple of wires for lights which show which gear the auto trans is in. Physically they will mount the same way and be the same shape, but the connectors are potentially different (noting Finn said it worked for him).

Just post up a little more about specifically what the problem was....did it mount up OK? Did all the plugs fit? And if yes to both, what wasn't working?

Hello everyone,

following your posts, I decided to try again the experience (because i removed the nismo gauge). After restarting everything and then installing my new nismo speedometer, I realized that the speedometer plug (the speedometer needle) was defective, probably because of that the speedometer was not workingthe first time. And there the meter works! I'm very happy, however I still note a certain lack of responsiveness regarding the tachometer needle. I do not know if this is due to the graduation which is different or indeed to a defect in my meter or else my installation :(.  What do you think? ( with the original counter the needle was more responsive).

In any case I wanted to thank you very much, because in view of your comments I told myself that the problem was not necessarily in the difference in transmission. And its seems you're right! Hope just that this lack of responsivness is a normal thing.

Edited by zack777