SAU Community

How Reliable are R35 GTRs?

I am looking for first hand info on maintenance costs and reliability issues. I am trying to decide between my two Dream Cars, and have found a lot of good info, but reliability was the one area where all I could find was info parroted from some journalists talking heads. I’m going to ask the sub dedicated to the Porsche 911’s as well. I am smitten with both of these cars legacies and heritage, and want to own one or the other. This will be the main deciding factor for what my end goal will be. What are experienced GTR owners advice?

On 4/7/2020 at 10:22 PM, FelixArthur said:

I am looking for first hand info on maintenance costs and reliability issues. I am trying to decide between my two Dream Cars, and have found a lot of good info, but reliability was the one area where all I could find was info parroted from some journalists talking heads. I’m going to ask the sub dedicated to the Porsche 911’s as well. I am smitten with both of these cars legacies and heritage, and want to own one or the other. This will be the main deciding factor for what my end goal will be. What are experienced GTR owners advice?tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

I'm not an R35 owner, but I think the summary looks like.....

Early ones break a lot. Later ones break less. When they break, you pay.

On 07/04/2020 at 10:32 PM, LSX-438 said:

I have had two R35's and two 911's (GT3 and RS).

Email me some specific questions of you like.

hahah just a nice casual 2 r35's and  a couple porches that's big meech status….anyways my 32 would smoke any 4 of those cars so I don't even know why your looking for an r35...….lol ya right just kidding mate. my friend has a 2012 and im sure he has a hole in his floor from matting it time after time. car seems to love it. its not tracked but driven hard. seems like these cars hold together nice at lower hp and with quality maintenance. see a lot of people buying these cars that cant afford them that's when they seem less reliable.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, MoMnDadGTR said:

hahah just a nice casual 2 r35's and  a couple porches that's big meech status….anyways my 32 would smoke any 4 of those cars so I don't even know why your looking for an r35...….lol ya right just kidding mate. my friend has a 2012 and im sure he has a hole in his floor from matting it time after time. car seems to love it. its not tracked but driven hard. seems like these cars hold together nice at lower hp and with quality maintenance. see a lot of people buying these cars that cant afford them that's when they seem less reliable.

Had me in the first half... ngl. Was getting ready to dish out some internet rage... lol

And I think your are right, you maintain them well at low/stock ish levels or be prepared to pay mega dollars for upgrade replacements each time something breaks. 

6 hours ago, Steve85 said:

Had me in the first half... ngl. Was getting ready to dish out some internet rage... lol

And I think your are right, you maintain them well at low/stock ish levels or be prepared to pay mega dollars for upgrade replacements each time something breaks. 

haha I should have left it at that would have raised hell lol....my 32 dynos around 425whp I would get smoked lol. she is old as fak but does the job fun car to enjoy with the family.

• Haha 1