SAU Community

help for engine rebuilt

Hello, sory for my bad english, but i need your help,
I am in work to remaking the engine of my r34 gtr, and I have a problem with the bearings
first question, the best bearings is nismo or other brand?
I have seen that there are many colors that coincide with the measurements, but unfortunately I have opened the engine and not on all the bearings you can still see the color,
how do I know which ones I have to mount where I no longer see the colors?
these are the measures I have taken
main bearing color:
1 green 2 ??? 3 ??? 4 ??? 5 maybe gold 6 green 7 green
main bearing dimension:
1 54.96 / 2 54.96 / 3 54.96 / 4 54.95 / 5 54.96 / 6 54.97 / 7 54.96
connecting rod bushings color:
1 ??? 2??? 3 ??? 4green 5green 6green
connecting rod dimenison:
1 47.96 / 2 47.95 / 3 47.97 / 4 47.97 / 5 47.97 / 6 47.97
how do I calculate which ones to order now?
thanks a lot to everyone for the help
i hope to finish soon my car and going in all europe whit my Sky  image.gif.c58bd52e8898da19a0dec6c0b564eb13.gif 

sky1.jpg

Yeah the markings refer to the grades when it left factory. Best to accurately linish the crank for oversize bearings and just buy them at the right clearance. Most common option in Aus is ACL bearings but if you can get factory ones where you are that is an option. No bearing should be meaningfully "better", just get the clearances right

OP I believe RHDJapan has info on the Nismo color-coded bearings...however they are extremely expensive/overpriced. Even oem Nissan bearings per color size are very expensive, when compared to just a set of "Standard 0 size" .

The Nissan workshop manual refers to bearing colors but I only have the r33 manual, not sure where you'd find one for the r34's rb26 specs.

rods.JPG.b2705875f6703a0a3a438374ae67e386.JPG

You will note though the tolerance for the different sized bearings is extremely tight...which is good, but I just used a set of Standard-0 rod and mains bearings in previous builds/freshen-ups when no machining work was done, and clearances have been fine.

7 hours ago, street performance said:

yes, but i need to order now the correct, i have take the measure

Try to download an engine workshop manual - it gives all the specifications for rebuilding.