SAU Community

Na r34 suspension similarities

10 minutes ago, Na_skyline_r34 said:

There is alot on na 4 door r34s and their corresponding coilovers. But I am wondering if there is any other car that has compatible coilovers. What other car coilovers could I use?

Why?

8 minutes ago, Na_skyline_r34 said:

I have looked but can only find answers for the turbo option. I don't know what model this car is. Is it the gt? 25 gt?

Are you kidding? I have personally read at least a thousand time on here that the R34 NAs, with the exception of the GTV, all have the same lower damper mounts (eyelets) as the R33 GTST, and the R34 GT-T have the same type as GTRs (fork).

Just now, GTSBoy said:

Are you kidding? I have personally read at least a thousand time on here that the R34 NAs, with the exception of the GTV, all have the same lower damper mounts (eyelets) as the R33 GTST, and the R34 GT-T have the same type as GTRs (fork).

I'm just not very familiar with the different sub-modles. Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

Front suspension on GT and GTT are the same fittings but the rears are different. GTT has a lower fork fitting and GT has a lower eye fitting where it goes to the hubs. R34 GT fitment is same as an R33 GTST so I fitted a set of secondhand Apexi from an R33. Not sure about spring rates etc. but if you go for some adjustable coilovers then it doesn't matter and R33 should be cheaper anyway.

For brakes the mounting hole spacing on all of them is the same (including Z32, S14, S15 etc.). Some (e.g. R33 and R32) have 12mm threads on the front but R34s have 14mm holes. So to fit my R32 GTR calipers I used about 1cm of stainless steel sleeve (outer diameter 14mm, inner diameter 12mm, 1mm thick wall) in each bolt hole on the mounting bracket. The original 12mm bolt from the R32 goes through the sleeve in the R34 mounting bracket and into the caliper.

If you have R34 GTT calipers the threads will be 14mm already so no need for the sleeve. I'm pretty sure you need the matching disks as they are a bit bigger. I think the caliper mounting points are a bit longer to allow for this - but you'd better check on that. All of my stuff, calipers and disks were off a 32 GTR.

Rear calipers are all fitted straight up with the same bolts - no problems.

Some helpful info here about compatibility between models ... https://web.archive.org/web/20150912120446/http://nissans15.com/brakes.htm

This info was part of a private message from @DatsunBanana ... very good guy to talk to about NA r34’s and helped me alot

Edited by Dil-Dog