SAU Community

Mindless R33 Madness

Finally got my dream car, after 15+ years of drooling over R33's and listening to RB's on YouTube I was finally able to grab one. Purchased today from Japanese Classics, LLC in Richmond, VA and immediately drove home almost 10 hours to Macon, GA. 

1994 R33 GTS25-T -- 70k miles 

Current mods that I know of:

• HKS intake
  • HKS Dragger muffler
  • HKS adjustable dampers
  • OS Giken Clutch
  • Cusco diff
  • Cusco Strut brace
  • FMIC (not sure what brand or size)
  • Gewalt 18 inch 3 piece wheels
  • Gracer wing

Current plans:

• Tint (caught a nice tan today)
  • Replace Japanese head unit 
  • Figure out how to adjust clutch (touchiest thing I've ever driven)
  • Replace front bumper 
  • Touch up paint all around 
  • Repair front passenger wheel (someone ate a curb) 

IMG_20200410_183016_934.jpg

IMG_20200410_192426.jpg

IMG_20200410_174048.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Looks mean! Don't know that you can do much about the OSG clutch...I think you just have to get used to it!

Found some steep hills out in the country today and practiced for a while. Feeling much better about it now haha. When in doubt let the tires bark. 

• Like 1

great car mate these r33 platforms are sick. that clutch you have is unreal, overtime will become your best friend. every skyline needs a clutch like that and a  driver that's willing to kick it once in a while. that's a really nice car tho mate looks awesome. set that thing up with a  front facing manifold and a top mount and you will have your self a WEAPON! cheers mate. watch for cops easy to get speeding and driving hard in these girls.

the very first picture is awesome hahaha. if that's you, you can just tell your in love with her. good for you mate. I remember when I first got my car I couldn't shift or walk I was so excited. blunts n boost man enjoy that beast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Took the car to B3 in Atlanta, GA for my birthday last week to have it looked over. Found some issues, and sorted some things out. 

1. The BOV was blocked, previous owner stuck a plug in hose. No more Stututu but atleast the turbo will last (I kinda like it better anyway, and it's making more power now).
  2. The boost controller was being bypassed, I'm assuming they did this to keep from destroying the turbo so quickly.
    - We put in a manual boost controller for now and got it to around 12 PSI. Will be upgrading to a "Innovate Motorsports SCG-1" soon. 
  3. The passenger side of the Hicas is completely loose. You rock the rod back and forth, left and right, up and down with your hand and zero effort. 
    - Ordered the GKTech Hicas Delete kit, but of course its on backorder so I won't be driving for a couple weeks. 
  4. Transmission had a hard time getting into 5th a couple times on my way home from a meet, checked it out and everything seems fine but the fluid smelled burnt, nothing other than the expected amount of shavings on the plug.
    - Put in new Redline fluid. Hasn't had any issues since, but I haven't driven it much with the Hicas issue.
    - Same with the diff. New Redline fluid.
  5. The plugs it had in it were 7's gapped to 48. It was breaking up pretty bad past 6k RPM.
    - Changed to 6's gapped to 28 and the car is so much smoother throughout.

I also repainted the interior bits in the car that were scratched up, replaced the shifter boot and e-brake boot, and put in a new Pioneer AVH 1500NEX head unit. My new plate finally arrived as well :) Finally no more issues with registration.

101551624_3107711405942165_2463491437375782912_o.jpg

IMG_20200607_140626.jpg

Edited by MindlessR33
  • Like 2

A very nice rid indeed !

A type M front bar is your friend here !

It will bulk up the front and suit your side skirts and rear pods . . . . that's my styling opinion anyway !

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, PLYNX said:

A very nice rid indeed !

A type M front bar is your friend here !

It will bulk up the front and suit your side skirts and rear pods . . . . that's my styling opinion anyway !

Just purchased this front clip from a local. Finally have a Type M front bumper. Going to get it repaired and painted in the next couple weeks. Paid $200 for the whole thing. Can't find a type m bumper anywhere in the USA for anywhere near that, let alone all the other goodies that came with the cut. 

Also, 2 weekends ago I installed the GKtech Hicas delete kit, and GKtech clutch fan. Got an alignment last weekend. Car drives so much better now and feels a lot more planted.

20200724_174635.jpg

20200727_161746.jpg

Edited by MindlessR33
  • Like 1

That's an exceptional price for that front quarter cut ! 

Even here in Aus you couldn't get it for that price !

And that front bar will transform the front of the car.

Another cosmetic thing I did was change out the front guard blinkers to clear or smoked versions.

After a while I started to notice it was the only yellow thing on the car and, to me, didn't look right.

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced my stock clutch fan today, and deleted the carbon canister. 

The stock fan, as you can see in the picture, had 4 big cracks and spider web cracks as well. Replaced it with a GK Tech fan. 

The vacuum lines going to the carbon canister were cracked and brittle. I was getting some breaking up past 4500-5000 RPM (I'm guessing since my tach once again doesn't work unless it wants to). After I deleted it and all the lines, it now pulls smoothly all the way up to roughly 7000 RPM. 

Hopefully getting the Type M bumper I bought with that front cut repaired and painted in the next weekend or two. Can't wait to get it on the car, although I'm pretty sure I'll have to raise the front a little bit. 

117636128_300566891029505_2884920826990371799_n.jpg

117406460_735584423903651_2103776474685312930_n.jpg

• Like 2